Buy back of 2022 Tundra

Evening everyone. This is my truck. It’s been a long road to get this buyback done but I’m going to be glad to be rid of this thing. Toyota has a long way to go to win me back to their trucks.

This seems to be an echo chamber lately with all the 3rd gen Tacoma and new Tundra issues. Glad you finally have some resolution.

Evening everyone. This is my truck. It’s been a long road to get this buyback done but I’m going to be glad to be rid of this thing. Toyota has a long way to go to win me back to their trucks.

Really? I'm assuming not everybody is having your issues, and I watched the first part of the video where you said they're buying it back 2 years later for what you paid for it. That's incredible IMHO. I doubt you'll find any one of the big 3 doing that, despite every brand producing lemons here and there.

Reactions: C46
Welcome to the forum. At least Toyota did the right thing. Hopefully you’ll find another vehicle soon. Keep us posted.👍

Evening everyone. This is my truck. It’s been a long road to get this buyback done but I’m going to be glad to be rid of this thing. Toyota has a long way to go to win me back to their trucks
I am glad it worked out. I wonder if you didn't have the youtube exposure, would it have been the same experience? Hard to say. The rust you talked about surprised me. What the heck is causing that or do you know?

I am glad it worked out. I wonder if you didn't have the youtube exposure, would it have been the same experience? Hard to say. The rust you talked about surprised me. What the heck is causing that or do you know?
Toyota bought this truck back so that they can dissect it to see where the manufacturing processes may have gone south as well as quality control. They will also probably look at supply vendors. Unfortunately, we’ll never know what they find out.

After the info from the Engine Recall.

I kind of wonder if the main reason the truck was brought back, was to take a look at engine bearing for wear as Toyota needed to get non failed engines that were in the population for their testing and research.

Keith's truck was problematic, but none of the issues in the way he reported them remotely matched what would be considered a lemon law case in many states.

Keith issues though show that even though Toyota is cranking out TSB's, Recalls, and fixes for some issues now in 2024, the experience for the owner is miserable until the time that Toyota release TSB, Recalls, Tech Tips, etc so that dealers actually know how to fix the issues.

Last edited:
My theory was completely wrong, His latest update says that his truck is still sitting at the dealer he surrendered it too.

Back