Buy a different Ram truck for me?

Hmm... https://www.jamesriverjeep.com/inventory/1C6SRFFP7SN522496/

I'm kind of torn here because I think the truck I ordered will never be built with the options. Second, I see this is as a much more value-driven purchase at $52k. I'd like more features, but I wonder if I should go with less and then do comparisons when I get a higher trim truck with more features.
I still think you should get the one with the most options. It gives you more things to review and talk about. It's easy to get a base but then you will have so much less to review for potential buyers. For example, if someone is searching YT for a review on the split-tailgate, you'll have it. Otherwise, it'll be a short video series. Are you good enough to stretch a video out to 20 minutes about blue paint and an 8" screen that has been around for years?

My dealer has a Laramie for less than $69k but it's black and I know that won't film well.

After reading the comments, it is clear you guys really understand the business and the dilemma I’m having right now. I think I’m going to be a little bit more patient at least for the short term. I’m out of town all next week anyway, so I can’t do anything even if I wanted to right now. Maybe there will be a model with more options on the lot when I get to seriously looking again the week after next.

good morning sir. after watching your live the other night ma you are in a pickle. I understand the being 7 not 47 for your business. I'm thinking what is more important with the new Ram? I see it being first and foremost is the drive train and this "new" engine. yes I think teck in these new trucks are great but not much different than the 24 except the passenger screen and the big horn doesn't have that anyway. just my two cents I would buy the one that's ready now and just kill it with that truck. its not like you cant get a 25 upper trim for a couple of weeks to drive from ram. PS the RHO is a beast but can you wait for that??

From what I’ve seen either locally on the lot or at the Stellantis holding lot in IL. The Ram boxes might be your problem for some reason. I haven’t seen one with the Ram boxes yet. Might be something to keep in mind. Maybe order a RHO as well, see what comes in first. Or the equivalent to the TRX 😉 when it can be ordered assuming you can afford it.
Or wait it out for a Ranger Tremor (unconfirmed of course) as that is returning.

It's a tough spot I tend to lean in the direction that any RAM isn't the answer. There's just not enough change from previous that a press loan couldn't cover. I do see a lot of value in comparison videos as you've owned all of the others (minus GMC) but reflecting back vs. actual side by sides is tough.

There's just not enough change from previous that a press loan couldn't cover. I do see a lot of value in comparison videos as you've owned all of the others (minus GMC) but reflecting back vs. actual side by sides is tough.
That's my concern as well. What could I cover with ownership that is above and beyond just a MPG drive and towing? I have lots of ideas, but I'm not sold on any of those videos doing that well to cover the expenses.

The fact is I must buy a truck this year. Last year I didn't and it cost me $12k in taxes and who knows how much in revenue. The 4th quarter last year was my worst in years. I'd rather make a truck payment than pay the IRS.

I also screwed myself by not trading in the Silverado. That means I'll pay the full sales tax on a new truck rather than just the difference between the new and old truck.

So yeah, I made some big mistakes last year and I need this new truck to hit big. That makes things that much more stressful.

The Ram is only a refresh aside from the engine. The RHO sounds cool but how long before it arrives?

I don’t think a midsize helps tax wise but what about a 3/4 ton or 1 ton? Will they bring in views?
I've thought about heavy-duty trucks that's for sure. I don't think they bring in the views though. Last June I published three videos on the new Super Duty and they had a total of 7,749 views and $63.68 in revenue.

Also, it is hard to figure out which one to buy if I went that route with so many different combinations - 3/4 or 1-ton, gas or diesel, crew, long bed or short, trim, etc...

You will probably also take a bigger hit on resale if you have a loaded bighorn. If you look at resale prices I bet you don’t get even half of the value on an over optioned truck. But, you have to get the views evaluating these options. Tough call.

Back