Buy a different Ram truck for me?

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm... https://www.jamesriverjeep.com/inventory/1C6SRFFP7SN522496/

I'm kind of torn here because I think the truck I ordered will never be built with the options. Second, I see this is as a much more value-driven purchase at $52k. I'd like more features, but I wonder if I should go with less and then do comparisons when I get a higher trim truck with more features.

Last edited:
Did not know they had hit the lots yet. Nice find. Tough business decision there... you have a lot more options on your truck

They're already taking $5,000 off a just released truck? How does that one stack up option wise to the one you have on order?
yeah, that got my attention to with the discount. Biggest things are Big Horn package 1 vs 2, smaller gas tank, no tailgate, no Rambox, no onboard power, smaller 8.4" screen, smaller tires.

My local dealer says they have one on the lot. Big Horn 4x4 with 5' 7" bed. Big Horn 2, Night Edition, Bed Utility Group. $60,085. Does NOT have SST engine, has Pentastar. I wonder how long it will last. Not sure it is worth 30 min drive each way in the rain... I am tempted to go look though.

@testerdahl see how having to wait makes you feel? ;)It sucks. Either one would probably be great, are there any Rebels? That would be cool too.
Oh I know how that goes. LOL.

Going to talk with my wife tonight. We just redid some finances and I need to plan out this purchase better than I have in the past. I like having enough money for good whiskey and not turpentine.

There are a few 2025's on the lot around here. If you can find one close to what you ordered, it might be worth getting. Good luck.

The only interest in Ram trucks is the comparison between the 5.7 and the 3.0 . Just get the one that will deliver the less amount of loss .

Yeah that seems to be the going rate nowadays for a loaded up Big Horn with the base engine, which makes no sense at all... but who I am to say? That is Stellantis for you.

Or you can get a 24 Trail Boss with the 5.3 V8 dark package and bed utility for 55. But what's 5k less for much more capability?

Odd pricing these days by RAM and Toyota.

yeah, that got my attention to with the discount. Biggest things are Big Horn package 1 vs 2, smaller gas tank, no tailgate, no Rambox, no onboard power, smaller 8.4" screen, smaller tires.
There seems to be a lot of no’s there as well as less opportunity for YT videos. Tough call.🤔

Hmm... https://www.jamesriverjeep.com/inventory/1C6SRFFP7SN522496/

I'm kind of torn here because I think the truck I ordered will never be built with the options. Second, I see this is as a much more value-driven purchase at $52k. I'd like more features, but I wonder if I should go with less and then do comparisons when I get a higher trim truck with more features.
here in Columbia SC JT dodge land had 2 on lot they were the big horn and a "base truck" but had the SST drive train. the boss man said the higher trim trucks wouldn't be there till the end of the year. the truck looked good but it didnt have what I wanted so I just looked and said nice. I really wanted to look at the rebel but it was not on the lot yet. I would say this if you can get the new engine with less of what you want I would say do it. its for the business and other than the drive train the other things haven't changed much I do like that passenger touch screen but that's in the high end 90K models. good luck

Back