best product to protect the paint on new vehicles

carhaulereastcoast

so I bought the Toyota Tundra 1794 Limited Edition and well for what I payed for it I want to protect it the best way I can. I have been looking into products to protect the paint that I can apply and for 25$ I can spend a Saturday and get some protection. than I have seen a tint film that I can have put on and that was upwards of $7000. I believe that is a HELL no. so the ceramic coating seems to be the best and most popular. question is this?? what's going to protect my investment the best.

so I bought the Toyota Tundra 1794 Limited Edition and well for what I payed for it I want to protect it the best way I can. I have been looking into products to protect the paint that I can apply and for 25$ I can spend a Saturday and get some protection. than I have seen a tint film that I can have put on and that was upwards of $7000. I believe that is a HELL no. so the ceramic coating seems to be the best and most popular. question is this?? what's going to protect my investment the best.
The paint on modern vehicles is like 0.04” thick so you’re going to get dings just driving it. The paint protection film is expensive as you said. It’s a truck drive it and use it after the first few dings you’ll get over it. I use Collinite 845 wax and puts a nice shine on my ‘23 GMC SIERRA. I’m not sure if those ceramic coatings do anything to protect from dings.

I have used a Glassparency Graphene Ceramic coating on 4 vehicles in the past and it lasted several years, kept the paint looking great and had a awesome hydrophobics. I just put the DIYDetail 5 Year Graphene Ceramic on my Tacoma back in March and that's been awesome so far too. I have heard good things about Adams Graphene coating as well. If you go with the DIYDetail, using code BENINBETA will save you 5% at checkout.

All that being said there are lots of great spray on graphene and ceramic coatings, that you just need to reapply more often than full coating. If you want to do one coating for a long time, do a ceramic or graphene ceramic. Those coatings also add a little be of scratch protection as well. If you want to do less work up front, but are ok with adding protection over time you can use the spray ons.

Project farm just did an interesting comparison between different types of products as well.

You can go with the film on just the front end, front fenders and hood, most road derbies hits as going to be there, but still pricey, GM dealer up here does the whole or part of the vehicle, if buying a new vehicle there, negotiate a better price, as I recall they will do a new Sierra front end which includes front fenders and hood for $2300 CDN, again negotiate.

I just picked up a bottle of CarPro Reload 2, which I hope to apply this evening. At some point I'll do a full ceramic or graphine coating, but for now a spray on that lasts 3 months seems like it will meet my needs.

I just picked up a bottle of CarPro Reload 2, which I hope to apply this evening. At some point I'll do a full ceramic or graphine coating, but for now a spray on that lasts 3 months seems like it will meet my needs.ns
CarPro makes great products too. I uses that with the Glasparency coating before they had their boost product available. I still use the CarPro Perl on my interior and exterior trim and it's great.

I had my truck Ceramic Coated and then PPF’d the front bumper/grille surround. The PPF ran about 800ish. Well worth it considering to repaint your front bumper is upwards of 2K.

Back