Best HD on the market right now.

Pryme

Super capable and rides fantastic too.

More reliable gas and diesel engines vs Ford. Ram isn’t included in this discussion, unless they bring production back to the United States like they said HD was going to be. Guess they lied.

GM>Ford>Dod oh I mean ram.

Super capable and rides fantastic too.

More reliable gas and diesel engines vs Ford. Ram isn’t included in this discussion, unless they bring production back to the United States like they said HD was going to be. Guess they lied.

GM>Ford>Dod oh I mean ram.

GM and Dod Ram! have the best ride. Everyone has opinions on engines these days and especially HD diesel engines. I think they are all pretty good from what I can tell. A lot more reliable than they used to be.

If it were me, I'd go GMC Sierra with the Denali Ultimate package. Its about $100k but its only money right?? LOL

In a picture, why the HD is better than a half ton.

1,400lbs in my truck and it wasn’t even touching my overloads.

Edit. Pics don’t work on the forum I guess.

I do think Chevy/GM are at the top today but Ford is a close 2nd. The GM twins feel more stable and better put together in my opinion. They, GM, need to find a way to get better mileage with their Diesels though, it's odd that Ford can pump so much more torque and easily beat GM in mileage.

He could be right, depending on the race. Say it was a race to the most recalls in a year, Ford wins, hands down.......
And just to be clear....I'm just being a smartass. :) I got nothing against Ford or any brand. I truly believe they all have their good and bad and it comes down to what you prefer to drive at the time. Over the years, I've owned Jeep, GMC, Chevy, Ford, Buick, Ram, and Nissan. Toyota is the last one for me to try so maybe that'll be next.

There is no global "best truck", that's a common misconception. There is only "best truck for me", based on my requirements, what I value, and what I need.

Ford has a more powerful gas engine, GM is a close second with a better performing transmission and less problems overall, Ford was munching on cams for a while. Ram's drivetrain is quite outdated, the cab is smaller, but it rides best and looks (subjectively opinion) best as well. Their interiors are also at the top, GM a close second. Not sure where Ford fits there.

For my needs a ram 2500 with the SO cummins is very attractive. However I'd be happy with the Ford or GM gasser, but still prefer the Ram body.

I don't think I could ever purchase a new Ram 6.4 hemi, I'd need one heck of a good price to consider that.

GM and Dod Ram! have the best ride. Everyone has opinions on engines these days and especially HD diesel engines. I think they are all pretty good from what I can tell. A lot more reliable than they used to be.

If it were me, I'd go GMC Sierra with the Denali Ultimate package. Its about $100k but its only money right?? LOL
I would never buy the HD GMC, that HUGE grill is hideous. And the Denali version on top of that, waaayyy too much chrome.

Last edited:
The Denali Ultimate has little to no chrome.
Vader Chrome! And it is awesome. Doesn’t really look Iike chrome at all. I first saw it in a design studio GM had setup. The video wasn’t awesome IMO because I just couldn’t get over how cool the Vader Chrome looked like in person. LOL

Saw it at a dealer and you are right, it is awesome. I wish every brand did that. Hopefully, the Tacoma Limited will offer it as well as the Canyon Denali. They'd look great like that.

Back