Are you interested in a 4XE Gladiator?

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
The post UAW strike documents revealed a Jeep Gladiator 4XE will be coming out in 2025. Are you interested in a plug-in hybrid Gladiator?

Definitely interested in the 4xE Gladiator. For complicated reasons I regulary drive back and forth between Allentown and Toronto (about a 7 hour drive one way) and every now and then I rent a vehicle (again, complicated reasons) for the drive. Always try to rent trucks, and fall back to SUVs if no trucks are available. So far on this trip over the past few years I've rented an F-150, Ram 1500, Gladiator, Colorado, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Armada, Explorer, Escape, Outlander, Compass, Patriot, and an Eco Sport. Some of them several times over.

(The MItsubishi Outlander was totally forgettable. Eww. The Ford Explorer was so great it encouraged me to get one to replace our Raptor when we had to downsize it away.)

But I was impressed with how much nicer the Gladiator was to drive than the Wrangler. Much better than you'd think with how similar they are. Longer wheelbase sure counts for a lot. Don't want to get political or anything but watching all the crazy weather going on, I don't really want to buy any more gas-only vehicles. Electric is ok (I have a Tesla company car) but happy with Hybrid also. We drove a Lincoln Aviator Touring for one year (basically a luxurious Explorer with PHEV and 100 extra horsepower. Wow) and that was enough to make us confident we really like this hybrid thing.

I don't know if I'd want to buy a Gladiator, to be honest, but without 4xE it wouldn't even be in consideration. With 4xE, it would.

Last edited:
Back