2025 Toyota 4Runner teaser released. Thoughts?

Should be a natural evolution of the existing. Considering how old the current design is, this will be drastic but refined. Pricing is going to be the real screwy part with the LC pricing being announced.

I'll just post this here ... What do you think? What do you want on this next-gen 4Runner?

People have been waiting for this upgrade for a long time. So the dealers will try and take advantage of the supply/demand situation and one can probably expect a substantial dealer up charge on top of MSRP. Good luck getting one of these anytime soon at a reasonable price (IMO).

I'm wondering how Toyota can differentiate it from the N/A Land Cruiser which is around the same size and rides on the same platform.

That's the big, question. Where will pricing fall? Gotta be more than what it is now so that means at the top it will run into LC pricing. The LC may be the biggest thing to keep the dealers from getting stupid with mark-ups. Why pay $10k over on this when you can get a LC instead? Which by then will have been on dealer lots for some time.

I'm wondering how Toyota can differentiate it from the NA Land Cruiser which is around the same size and rides on the same platform.

I think it will be smaller and cheaper, available without the hybrid option for less power/torque. The top tier 4Runner models may run into the low end LC model but I don't see much overlap. A family looking for a off road, fun, SUV will have the choice of 4Runner, 35-60, Land Cruiser 55-75 or Sequoia 79+ for a TRD Pro. Three pretty clear steps with a little overlap.

I think it will be smaller and cheaper, available without the hybrid option for less power/torque. The top tier 4Runner models may run into the low end LC model but I don't see much overlap. A family looking for a off road, fun, SUV will have the choice of 4Runner, 35-60, Land Cruiser 55-75 or Sequoia 79+ for a TRD Pro. Three pretty clear steps with a little overlap.
The upcoming LC starts at only $55,950, and comes standard with locking rear and center diffs. The current TRD Pro 4 Runner is 55K and the next gen might be more than that. The most offroady LC is 61k, only 6k more than the current TRD Pro 4unner. I don't see a huge market differentiation there. I think there will be plenty of overlap with Toyota buyers wanting an off road capable SUV.

The upcoming LC starts at only $55,950, and comes standard with locking rear and center diffs. The current TRD Pro 4 Runner is 55K and the next gen might be more than that. The most offroady LC is 61k, only 6k more than the current TRD Pro 4unner. I don't see a huge market differentiation there. I think there will be plenty of overlap with Toyota buyers wanting an off road capable SUV.

I think we're saying the same thing with slightly different points. I recognized the top option 4Runner will be close if not a little more then than the base LC but there are far more TRD OR and Sport 4Runners on the road then TRD Pro, so a family looking for an off-road worthy 4Runner could be in the mid 40's vs. 55 base for the LC. That's a big difference.

I posted this a while ago in the mid-suze SUV forum, assuming no changes to the 23 4Runner specs the LC is bigger in every dimension than the 4Runner. However, I think the 4Runner is likely to shrink an inch or two in 24. One question is are they going to offer a 3rd row in some of the 4Runner models as it's not available in the LC in any model.

I don't see any surprises. I'm expecting no third row. The interior matches the Taco as well as the drivetrain. Just an SUV version of the Taco. Which isn't exactly a bad thing...

Back