2025 Maverick

duggydo

I've seen a couple videos of the 2025 model release event. Now that Ford is making the 4x4 (AWD) hybrid, I predict that thing will sell like hotcakes. I wouldn't be surprised if dealerships do markups even now while other models are being discounted. I'm going to test drive one when they hit the lots...that's if I can find one before they are gone.

So what are the key differences between the Ranger and Maverick? Just looking at their exterior profile on their website they seem pretty similar to me.
Ranger is a midsize TRUCK, body on frame. Can two 7500 lbs. 2.3L EcoBoost standard, 2.7 V6 EcoBoost optional. No hybrid yet (rumors of PHEV in 2025 as they have them overseas apparently). Vertical infotainment screen.

Maverick is unibody construction, it is a pickup. Shares many components with Escape and Bronco Sport. 2.0 EcoBoost OR 2.5L I-4 Hybrid (Atkinson cycle IIRC). Comparable payload to Ranger but towing limited to 4k when optioned with tow pkg.

Both great vehicles but completely different use case and structure.

Ranger is a midsize TRUCK, body on frame. Can two 7500 lbs. 2.3L EcoBoost standard, 2.7 V6 EcoBoost optional. No hybrid yet (rumors of PHEV in 2025 as they have them overseas apparently). Vertical infotainment screen.

Maverick is unibody construction, it is a pickup. Shares many components with Escape and Bronco Sport. 2.0 EcoBoost OR 2.5L I-4 Hybrid (Atkinson cycle IIRC). Comparable payload to Ranger but towing limited to 4k when optioned with tow pkg.

Both great vehicles but completely different use case and structure.
Got it, thanks 👍

Back