2024 Ford Maverick

kevfranco

Hey Friends!!

I’m looking at buying a 2024 Ford Maverick for my next vehicle.

I want to make an informed decision. I understand that no vehicle is perfect but I don’t want to buy a vehicle that has a bad reputation. I want to get your opinion on this vehicle.

Does anyone currently own or have owned a maverick in the past and had any bad experiences with this vehicle?

Is there any reasons why I should not buy a Ford Maverick and why?

Thanks for your feedback!!

Kevin

Hey Friends!!

I want to make an informed decision. I understand that no vehicle is perfect but I don’t want to buy a vehicle that has a bad reputation. I want to get your opinion on this vehicle.

Does anyone currently own or have owned a maverick in the past and had any bad experiences with this vehicle?

Kevin
Welcome! Paging forum Member Blue Oval 5.0, a former Maverick Owner. He is probably off celebrating St. Patrick's Day and his Rangers beating my Islanders.

Last edited:
Hey Friends!!

Kevin
Really good vehicle. I'll add this to the conversation to say I know of at least 2 maybe 3 that bought one, for their personal use, after driving it for a review. You know that's saying something when journalists buy a vehicle. It doesn't happen all that often at all.

Really good vehicle. I'll add this to the conversation to say I know of at least 2 maybe 3 that bought one, for their personal use, after driving it for a review. You know that's saying something when journalists buy a vehicle. It doesn't happen all that often at all.
Appreciate the feedback!!

Hey Friends!!

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I owned a 2023 Maverick XLT AWD for over 8 months before selling it to Carmax in February.

It was a solid vehicle overall, the 2.0 EcoBoost with 8 speed transmission was smooth and very quick. The vehicle had more interior room than my 2019 Ranger did. The ride was very SUV like since it was unibody construction. It looked great with the FX4 package.

The interior was very cheap plastic that scuffs and scratches easily. It had a small infotainment screen that did not even have SYNC 3. The Sun glare made it unreadable at times.

The refresh in 2025 has me very intrigued. There is talk of an AWD hybrid which would be a great choice. It also may get the 13.2 inch screen from the current Escape which would be a huge upgrade.

Overall, the Maverick is very good value and customer satisfaction is high. I would suggest checking out the Maverick Truck Club forums, very informative group. Good luck!

Hi Kevin,

I owned a 2023 Maverick XLT AWD for over 8 months before selling it to Carmax in February.

It was a solid vehicle overall, the 2.0 EcoBoost with 8 speed transmission was smooth and very quick. The vehicle had more interior room than my 2019 Ranger did. The ride was very SUV like since it was unibody construction. It looked great with the FX4 package.

The interior was very cheap plastic that scuffs and scratches easily. It had a small infotainment screen that did not even have SYNC 3. The Sun glare made it unreadable at times.

The refresh in 2025 has me very intrigued. There is talk of an AWD hybrid which would be a great choice. It also may get the 13.2 inch screen from the current Escape which would be a huge upgrade.

Overall, the Maverick is very good value and customer satisfaction is high. I would suggest checking out the Maverick Truck Club forums, very informative group. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply!! Your feedback is really appreciated!! I will check out the truck club. I might wait for the 2025 model year if there is a significant change in the model.

Thanks for the reply!! Your feedback is really appreciated!! I will check out the truck club. I might wait for the 2025 model year if there is a significant change in the model.

I should add that I am going to spring for the Lariat trim next time to get the nice amenities. It was like $2k more that what the MSRP was on mine, well worth it IMO.

I should add that I am going to spring for the Lariat trim next time to get the nice amenities. It was like $2k more that what the MSRP was on mine, well worth it IMO.
The lariat sure is a nice trim!! In my situation, I’m probably going to get the xl or xlt trim if I buy a maverick because the lariat trim price is around 45000$ and my budget is around 37000$. Plus, the lariat maverick is similar in price than a 1/4 ton truck base model like a ranger xl or a Colorado wt that is around 45000$. I understand that a lariat maverick has nicer amenities than a ranger xl for example but for me I would rather get a ranger xl than a maverick lariat for the same price. I’m considering a maverick because i don’t have the budget to buy a ranger. You might not agree with me and you might have a different opinion. It’s nice to have a forum so we can discuss and share our thoughts. I respect everyone’s thoughts and I definitely like to read everyone’s thoughts and opinions. I appreciate everyone that replies to my posts!! I also want to clarify that I live in Canada and the MSRP is different than the us.

The lariat sure is a nice trim!! In my situation, I’m probably going to get the xl or xlt trim if I buy a maverick because the lariat trim price is around 45000$ and my budget is around 37000$. Plus, the lariat maverick is similar in price than a 1/4 ton truck base model like a ranger xl or a Colorado wt that is around 45000$. I understand that a lariat maverick has nicer amenities than a ranger xl for example but for me I would rather get a ranger xl than a maverick lariat for the same price. I’m considering a maverick because i don’t have the budget to buy a ranger. You might not agree with me and you might have a different opinion. It’s nice to have a forum so we can discuss and share our thoughts. I respect everyone’s thoughts and I definitely like to read everyone’s thoughts and opinions. I appreciate everyone that replies to my posts!! I also want to clarify that I live in Canada and the MSRP is different than the us.
It is funny that you brought this up as my wife and I were discussing this last night. If our budget is $40k, would you rather buy a Maverick Lariat AWD or a Ranger XL 4x4? I built out a Ranger XL 4x4 with tow pkg, locking rear diff, carpeted floor in Hot Pepper red for $39,960.

We both agreed that the Ranger is much more capable; payload, towing, off roading, etc. The interior is much nicer even in XL trim and you get bigger screens and newer tech than the current Maverick Lariat.

Now, the 2025 models may change some of this but that is where we stand now. A rumored Ranger PHEV could be a game changer…

There is talk of an AWD hybrid which would be a great choice.
Ford engineers were taken aback when a lot of us journalists asked why no AWD hybrid. Such an obvious miss.

It just goes to show Ford internal people had zero clue the Maverick would be a hit. I've read a few articles stating many in the company were against it coming to market. Morons.

It is funny that you brought this up as my wife and I were discussing this last night. If our budget is $40k, would you rather buy a Maverick Lariat AWD or a Ranger XL 4x4? I built out a Ranger XL 4x4 with tow pkg, locking rear diff, carpeted floor in Hot Pepper red for $39,960.

We both agreed that the Ranger is much more capable; payload, towing, off roading, etc. The interior is much nicer even in XL trim and you get bigger screens and newer tech than the current Maverick Lariat.

Now, the 2025 models may change some of this but that is where we stand now. A rumored Ranger PHEV could be a game changer…
Thanks for the reply. I went on Ford Canada and did a built and price for a maverick xlt and a ranger xl as an example of what I would buy.

Attachments

• IMG_1766.png
    IMG_1766.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1763.png
    IMG_1763.png
    982.9 KB · Views: 2
Ford engineers were taken aback when a lot of us journalists asked why no AWD hybrid. Such an obvious miss.

It just goes to show Ford internal people had zero clue the Maverick would be a hit. I've read a few articles stating many in the company were against it coming to market. Morons.
Are you talking about a maverick or a ranger hybrid awd?

If you don't need the bigger payload/towing, I think a better equipped Maverick would be a great choice. It's like the Lariat Ranger is priced like an entry level F150. You go bigger because you need more towing and space.

If you don't need the bigger payload/towing, I think a better equipped Maverick would be a great choice. It's like the Lariat Ranger is priced like an entry level F150. You go bigger because you need more towing and space.
I agree with what you are saying but I like the look of a bigger truck. It’s just a matter of preferences. For me, it’s more important to have a bigger truck with less equipment than a fully loaded maverick. But every opinion is good!! It just depends what’s more important to the buyer.

I agree with what you are saying but I like the look of a bigger truck. It’s just a matter of preferences. For me, it’s more important to have a bigger truck with less equipment than a fully loaded maverick. But every opinion is good!! It just depends what’s more important to the buyer.
Without a doubt, your decision is what matters mos. (y)

mpg is also a factor when deciding between a maverick or a ranger. I’m assuming that the maverick has better mpg than the ranger

Back