2020 Ram 1500 - Minor Frustrations

EricaMueller

Bought new in 2020, and have 80k+ miles on it. Starting to have some things breaking:

• Blown speakers. We don't listen to music loud. But we've got at least two speakers blown already, making music and podcasts sound terrible.

• Broken visors. Seriously, both of them. Busted right where they connect up inside the ceiling. You can give them a good fistbump and they'll stay up a while, then drop when you go over a bump. And if you put them down to keep the sun out of your eyes they'll fall. Very poorly made.

• The infotainment system sometimes just turns off, by itself. Same with the climate controls. This hasn't happened in a while, and I'm thinking a reset at the dealership might have remedied it (fingers crossed!) but it's been a source of frustration for a while.

Has anyone else experienced any of these issues with a 3rd gen Ram 1500?

Overall we have been incredibly impressed with our Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and we plan to keep it for many years.

Bought new in 2020, and have 80k+ miles on it. Starting to have some things breaking:

• Blown speakers. We don't listen to music loud. But we've got at least two speakers blown already, making music and podcasts sound terrible.

• Broken visors. Seriously, both of them. Busted right where they connect up inside the ceiling. You can give them a good fistbump and they'll stay up a while, then drop when you go over a bump. And if you put them down to keep the sun out of your eyes they'll fall. Very poorly made.

• The infotainment system sometimes just turns off, by itself. Same with the climate controls. This hasn't happened in a while, and I'm thinking a reset at the dealership might have remedied it (fingers crossed!) but it's been a source of frustration for a while.

Has anyone else experienced any of these issues with a 3rd gen Ram 1500?

Overall we have been incredibly impressed with our Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and we plan to keep it for many years.
I've been wondering how the truck is holding up. Thanks for the update.

Well darn! The visor issue is interesting. Should be a fairly easy fix I would think. I've had to replace a few broken clips in over vehicles, but not either of my Ram's.

My 2022 Ram has the 19 speaker- Harman/Kardon sound system....I listen to it a lot...CRANKED! Best place I have to listen to music, besides my Jeep with the same system. Neither has blown a speaker, thank gosh. I would be totally bummed and have to get it fixed asap.

Hopefully, you get things dialed back in soon. 👍🙂

Last edited:
My father's 2020 did not experience any of that. But it did need to go in for a new fuel tank. There was too much back pressure like the inlet hose was plugged. Figured they would just replace that, but they had to replace the whole tank. That was the only issue it ever had until sold earlier this year.

For your visor fix you might want to YouTube Jeep Wrangler visor fix, our Wrangler did the same thing after 50 k I have a feeling it comes from the same parts bin. I can't remember exactly how we fixed it but it was a simple $3 fix or do.

I have 2022, Only issues I’ve had was Truck not getting full of fuel, pump kept shutting off. They had to reset the PCM and made sure the evap system was working correctly. Only other issue was infotainment center crashed once. 🤷‍♂️ hasn’t happened since. Other than that can’t complain. Better than Our Ford Explorer with the Trans slipping at 40K. 🙄

Back