Recent content by Patrick Rall

  1. Patrick Rall

    26 Ram Hurricane SO MPG

    2025 Ram 1500 Big Horn, no tonneau cover. I recently made a trip to PA and back - 647 miles in 9 hours of driving, for an average speed of 72mph. Most of the trip is highway driving, where I have the cruise set at 77, The on board system read 21.8mpg. I topped off before, during and after the...
  2. Patrick Rall

    Ram 426 Hemi rumors: Years of talk, a new twist

    *Eye roll*
  3. Patrick Rall

    Who tows with their truck and what do you tow?

    Howdy everyone! In addition to being a writer for Pickup Truck +SUV Talk, I also own a horse stable and I own a few old cars that need a trailer from time to time, so my truck does quite a bit of work. Im at 20k on my 2025 Ram 1500 with the Hurricane SO and at least a quarter of that is...
  4. Patrick Rall

    What’s one truck maintenance issue you wish you had caught earlier?

    My previous Ram 1500 was a high mileage farm truck. I knew that it needed a wheel bearing, but I put it off and it ruined the brake caliper as well.
  5. Patrick Rall

    Are We Ever Going to See the Ram Rev Plug-in Hybrid?

    I do believe that we will see it come to production, but the company is focusing fully on getting V8s on the street (trucks, SUVs and cars) while the government regulations are relatively relaxed. Sooner or later, the feds are likely to put fuel economy fines back into effect at which point...
  6. Patrick Rall

    forward cameras for parking

    I have a camera system that I got off of amazon on one of my trucks. It attaches to the vehicle with the license plate frame bolts and while I have it on the back for lining up a trailer, you can also put them on then front plate bracket. Mine comes with a small screen that plugs into power port...
  7. Patrick Rall

    Please Post Any Brand-Related Threads in the Brand Section

    Hello everyone! In an effort to organize the information better on the forum, we are moving information into sections and subsections based on brand. This General Discussion section should only be used for discussions that do not apply to a specific vehicle. I have included links to some of the...
  8. Patrick Rall

    New Forum Layout

    Hello Everyone! As some of you may know, I am one of the writers for Pickup Truck +SUV Talk, but I have quite a bit of experience building and running forums. Based on what Ive seen with my past forums, we have reorganized the layout of the brand- and model-based threads into sections based on...
  9. Patrick Rall

    Recently picked up something more fun than a suv or pickup

    Arent these powered by Toyota engines, from when Toyota engines were still known for reliability?
  10. Patrick Rall

    Recently picked up something more fun than a suv or pickup

    I imagine that this is a whole lot more fun to drive than most SUVs.
  11. Patrick Rall

    Meet the 2027 Ram 1500 Direct Connection by Roush

    It looks great with the exterior upgrades and lift kit, but I have a level 2 big horn, similar to the base truck on which the Roush package is built. With the Hurricane, my truck was about $62k. Is this package $16k cool? Im not sure about that.
Back
Top