would you? could you? should you? bulletproof the new GMC diesel? 2024 model

carhaulereastcoast

im seeing where tons of guy are bulletproofing there diesel engines and wondering is it worth it in a new engine? my 18 year old son knows more about this than I do but I'm just wondering, if its great for the old engine could it be good for the new one and what would the benefits be by doing such a thing?

It depends on how long you plan to keep it.
Yep, it's like my buddy who has a 2022 F250 Tremor Diesel that currently has 12K miles on it! He does anything to not drive it. He would rather drive his company Rogue than his truck. It will last forever, but I'm not sure I would enjoy that. But if you can drive it and keep it longer, sure, why not?

I thought bullet proofing was a Ford Powerstroke thing. Does anyone make a bulletproof kit for the Duramax?
no clue that's why I was asking I have not heard a lot of talk about doing this to the new duramax I did see a video where a guy got 39 mpg on a 700 mile trip wow not even sure if one would have to bullet proof it with them numbers

no clue that's why I was asking I have not heard a lot of talk about doing this to the new duramax I did see a video where a guy got 39 mpg on a 700 mile trip wow not even sure if one would have to bullet proof it with them numbers

How To Bulletproof A 6.0L Power Stroke​

The basics of "fixing" or "bulletproofing" the Ford 6.0L, which was manufactured for Ford by International, revolve around the oil cooler and exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) systems. In short, the factory stacked plate-type oil cooler easily becomes plugged with gunk from the cooling system. When this happens, it restricts fluid flow to the EGR cooler, which in turn then boils what little fluid is has flowing through and bursts. This burst allows exhaust gasses to enter the coolant system, mimicking a blown head gasket—and sometimes actually causing damage to the gasket as well.

BulletProof Diesel developed a fix for this by replacing the factory oil cooler with an external unit and updating the EGR cooler internals. The company's parts carry CARB EO certification and have been used by law enforcement agencies, ambulance companies, fire departments, and utility companies, along with private owners all across the United States and around the world.

Motortrend

Got it....so "BulletProofing" refers to the company name of some after-market oil cooler parts. Friggin genius when you think of the name and ho it's used.

Got it....so "BulletProofing" refers to the company name of some after-market oil cooler parts. Friggin genius when you think of the name and ho it's used.
I think that the term is used somewhat generically, like Charmin or Google,and may not refer specifically to the company.

so am looking back at one of Tims videos about his diesel high country and he answered this question for me you see Tim has the answers just have to find them. no way would you want to do this when your getting 30 mpg just for some def fluid. anyway have a great day

Back