Would you buy a t-shirt?

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
I'm doing some thinking about buying my own t-shirt printing setup. It could do t-shirts, hats, mugs and most fabric items. I'm looking at several pieces totaling up to about a $575 investment. I figure I could create a t-shirt for about $15 and sell them for $20. Not sure on the rest and I'm not sold on a heat transfer on a hat. I think this would just be fabric items.

So... if I made a cool graphic integrating some of the channel items like the city/country theme, Swede, Jill and I, would you spend $20 plus shipping for one?

By my math, I'd need to sell at least 100 shirts to break even.

Honestly, probably not. I'm not much of a merch guy and ive only ever bought one item, a keychain, from VGG. I don't like advertising or graphics on my clothes unless it's a little logo like Carhartt or something.

I'm doing some thinking about buying my own t-shirt printing setup. It could do t-shirts, hats, mugs and most fabric items. I'm looking at several pieces totaling up to about a $575 investment. I figure I could create a t-shirt for about $15 and sell them for $20. Not sure on the rest and I'm not sold on a heat transfer on a hat. I think this would just be fabric items.

So... if I made a cool graphic integrating some of the channel items like the city/country theme, Swede, Jill and I, would you spend $20 plus shipping for one?

No offense, but I just wear plain TEE-SHIRTS because I don’t want to be a walking billboard. I have bought one of your hats and I also have a window sticker that I put on my ‘23 GMC SIERRA 1500, which is the only sticker I have on it. Good luck if you decide to move forward with this.

For what it is worth, our daughter (who manages ground) looked into the same thing, and she found that she could buy T-shirts from local people doing the same thing as what you are thinking about cheaper and less hassle than buying all of the equipment.

Same as others...not a big merch guy. I receive a branded hat or shirt as gifts, but I rarely buy one for myself.

I imagine most of us on here are beyond the point of caring much about what we wear. Maybe not to the point where we buy our pants in the Rite-aid drug store, but Walmart is not out of the question.

Same as others...not a big merch guy. I receive a branded hat or shirt as gifts, but I rarely buy one for myself.

I imagine most of us on here are beyond the point of caring much about what we wear. Maybe not to the point where we buy our pants in the Rite-aid drug store, but Walmart is not out of the question.
Hey I resemble that remark about clothes from Walmart. Trust me! Where do you think I shop most of the time?! LOL

Back