Will the 24 Tundra fall under the recall???

carhaulereastcoast

there as been a lot of talk over the past couple of months about why the 24's have not been included in the recall and all. 1 and the most talked about one is because the hybrid can get you off the road safely. well that really doesn't really address the problem. its just a easy way of saying that yes your engine might go because of our mistake but we will see
2. they are waiting on the 25's to drop and keep the sales of the 24's going and waiting for the next round of fixes. I mean if that's the case the Tundra is selling very well and this might be the best selling year to date.
so what is it? I have the 2024,1794 Limited Edition and I check the oil on a weekly schedule and it looks good. not taking the filter off and diving that deep but I do check the oil. I have 9100 miles now so my 1st change is coming, the way I drive this awesome truck it will most likely be the end of the month. I just wondering what Toyota will do with these 24's
side note they (Toyota) said that trucks build after I believe Feb of 24 are ok. mine was build in April and I picked it up at the end of April.

Well, if Toyota is being honest, the root cause was corrected already so '24s should not be affected. Of course, if they were wrong, all bets are off. It's something time will only tell. Having record sales will help as the more vehicles out there with no issues, the better they look.

I’m more skeptical on this. If I were betting on a future outcome, I would bet on an expanding recall. Here’s why:

I‘d have to trust that Toyota is being 100% transparent with the root cause. Over the last 1.5 years, the “reasons” for the failure changed over time to the current engine debris story. I heard bad batch, one bad employee at one plant not cleaning properly, and now it’s widespread bad cleaning.

I’m skeptical that the “bad process” may be the best “worst problem” because it may be hiding a much worse problem, a bad design.

If Toyota announced a recall through 24 production, they would kill their current sales. That seems like incentive enough to me to recall up the the prior years trucks and stay “silent” on current year trucks. I haven’t seen anything from Toyota saying the problem has been completely solved going forward, not that i see everything. If they were fully confident they had, I think they would be shouting it from rooftops.

I’m not certain we’ll ever know, and I’m sure Toyota will correct the problem, but there’s the trust issue, so I won‘t be in the market for another Tundra anytime soon.

I’m more skeptical on this. If I were betting on a future outcome, I would bet on an expanding recall. Here’s why:

I‘d have to trust that Toyota is being 100% transparent with the root cause. Over the last 1.5 years, the “reasons” for the failure changed over time to the current engine debris story. I heard bad batch, one bad employee at one plant not cleaning properly, and now it’s widespread bad cleaning.

I’m skeptical that the “bad process” may be the best “worst problem” because it may be hiding a much worse problem, a bad design.

If Toyota announced a recall through 24 production, they would kill their current sales. That seems like incentive enough to me to recall up the the prior years trucks and stay “silent” on current year trucks. I haven’t seen anything from Toyota saying the problem has been completely solved going forward, not that i see everything. If they were fully confident they had, I think they would be shouting it from rooftops.

I’m not certain we’ll ever know, and I’m sure Toyota will correct the problem, but there’s the trust issue, so I won‘t be in the market for another Tundra anytime soon.
All good points and we have a right to be wary from a consumer's standpoint. I don't know how honest they're being. I feel like one of the worst things they could do from a PR perspective is tell everyone what the problem was, say they fixed it, and then recall more trucks. However, there does seem to be issues with vehicles produced after the stated recall period and fix was implemented. Only time will tell but I too think it's a solid decision to steer clear of 24's. It's also not a good look that they're letting warranties deal with the Hybrids as they are equally as affected but weren't included in the official recall because theoretically they can use the battery to clear off the road and out of immediate danger.

All good points and we have a right to be wary from a consumer's standpoint. I don't know how honest they're being. I feel like one of the worst things they could do from a PR perspective is tell everyone what the problem was, say they fixed it, and then recall more trucks. However, there does seem to be issues with vehicles produced after the stated recall period and fix was implemented. Only time will tell but I too think it's a solid decision to steer clear of 24's. It's also not a good look that they're letting warranties deal with the Hybrids as they are equally as affected but weren't included in the official recall because theoretically they can use the battery to clear off the road and out of immediate danger.
If the engines after the recall date would not fail, I would trust Toyota with their explanation, but since engines produce after the recall keep failing, although at a slower rate, I don't trust them.

Back