What would your dream article/video be about?

Would it be a rare truck or a fancy event or one hell of a road trip?
The dream would be for a video to hit a million views and an article that gets a million hits. LOL

Honestly, there’s a few that are stuck in mind. For example, it would be fun to interview a celebrity about a future truck purchase. It would also be fun to interview an engineer after they retire. Do a look back kind of video/article and get some more insight.

Mostly, I love to interview people and I think I do a pretty good job at it. Those are the videos I spend a lot of time working on and thinking about. The reviews are fun as well, but not nearly as exciting as an interview.

The ultimate comparison/road trip video with mid size and full size trucks. Make it a series.

Ford, GMC, Toyota, RAM in Full size
Ford, GMC, Toyota, RAM, possibly Jeep in midsize

I think of this as a Top Gear (OG) meets trucks with some twists.

Teams of two drive from the East Coast to NW Washington with a series of challenges and competitions along the way. Teams don't pick their vehicles, randomly assigned. Everybody gets a turn in each vehicle for each challenge. Rotating drivers and teams every several hundred miles. 100% stock, Towing 5k for a 800-1k mile stretch for mid-size and 8k for full size, Hwy MPG no eco-modes, mild off-roading think forest service type roads, stretches are in a baja/sand environment, rock gardens, snow and ice etc. Camera men vote on rear seat space and comfort, also changing vehicles frequently.

Vehicles need to be as closely priced as possible, this isnt a TRD-Pro Tacoma vs. a Ranger Raptor vs. a Chevy ZR2 video as the Chevy is 18-20k cheaper than the TRD-Pro. I'm thinking it's price controlled, best mid-size for 45k or best full size for 65k. Based on MSRP. Pick a number that makes sense. But since this a dream video, all of them. Sections in the Platinum, RAM Limited, Denali Ult, Capstone and sections of Raptor, AT4X AEV, TRD-PRO, RHO etc. Always swapping drivers/teams.

Rankings:
Overall (averge score of each category from each team on each truck with winners in each category and overall)
Power trains need to be euqal, this one is tough but thinking entry level, mid and high categories.
Efficiency (towing and non-towing)
Comfort Front/Rear
Infotainment
Tech at price point
Towing (not numbers, how the truck handles the numbers)
Payload (not numbers, how the truck handles the numbers)
Interior design/layout
Exterior design/layout
Bed utility
Detailed comparison of options/tech at price point what's missing and what's present
Tires
Suspension
Ride quality
Objective results vs. subjective thoughts
On and on and on....

Driver teams on start that will then be split up as rotations happen:
Tim/Jill
Howards
Andre/Nathan
Ryan Douthit/Son (I think is his usual camera)
Possible Texas truck guys if a 5th team is needed for mid-size.

The ultimate comparison/road trip video with mid size and full size trucks. Make it a series.

Teams of two drive from the East Coast to NW Washington with a series of challenges and competitions along the way. Teams don't pick their vehicles, randomly assigned. Everybody gets a turn in each vehicle for each challenge. Rotating drivers and teams every several hundred miles. 100% stock, Towing 5k for a 800-1k mile stretch for mid-size and 8k for full size, Hwy MPG no eco-modes, mild off-roading think forest service type roads, stretches are in a baja/sand environment, rock gardens, snow and ice etc. Camera men vote on rear seat space and comfort, also changing vehicles frequently.

Vehicles need to be as closely priced as possible, this isnt a TRD-Pro Tacoma vs. a Ranger Raptor vs. a Chevy ZR2 video as the Chevy is 18-20k cheaper than the TRD-Pro. I'm thinking it's price controlled, best mid-size for 45k or best full size for 65k. Based on MSRP. Pick a number that makes sense. But since this a dream video, all of them. Sections in the Platinum, RAM Limited, Denali Ult, Capstone and sections of Raptor, AT4X AEV, TRD-PRO, RHO etc. Always swapping drivers/teams.

Rankings:
Overall (averge score of each category from each team on each truck with winners in each category and overall)
Power trains need to be euqal, this one is tough but thinking entry level, mid and high categories.
Comfort Front/Rear
Infotainment
Tech at price point
Interior design/layout
Exterior design/layout
Bed utility
Detailed comparison of options/tech at price point what's missing and what's present
Tires
Suspension
Ride quality
On and on and on....

Tim/Jill
Howards
Andre/Nathan
Great idea, but you forgot Nissan in the midsize.

My dream video would be one with hidden cameras in the meetings where some of the executive or board decisions are made by automakers. I'd like to know what goes through their minds and motivates them. There are a few examples of videos like this in other situations and other companies. What goes on behind the scenes isn't always what is said publicly.

Rankings:
Comfort Front/Rear
Infotainment
Tech at price point
Interior design/layout
Exterior design/layout
Bed utility
Tires
Suspension
Ride quality
On and on and on....

Tim/Jill
Howards
Andre/Nathan
Well that’s a dream video if I ever heard one! It is a hell of an idea. Sadly, I have no idea how this could even remotely be feasible.

Huh. Learn something new everyday. I hadn't heard of Toyota Gibraltar Stockholdings before.
They sell all of the forbidden fruit Toyotas to NGOs all over the world, I think they have a USA office in Maryland its probably in a free trade zone so they can import Toyotas duty free and upgrade them then ship them out.

I’d like to see a documentary series of the development of a new truck or generational update from the artists drawing all the way through to hitting dealerships. Kind of like “Hard Knocks: the 2027 Nissan Warrior” or something like that.

I’d like to see a documentary series of the development of a new truck or generational update from the artists drawing all the way through to hitting dealerships. Kind of like “Hard Knocks: the 2027 Nissan Warrior” or something like that.
Maybe a documentary about the development of the turbo for diesel and gas applications. Maybe that would help clear up some of the misconceptions about it (MAYBE). 🤔

Back