What did you guys think of the ATV review?

I noticed that it has the same amount of views as Tim's SUV reviews. Did you like it and what would you like to see added or changed?
Good question. Polaris is sending me a bunch more things to review. I'll be curious when those reviews are done, what the total view count will turn out to be. Hard to figure out if I have the audience for this kind of content.

Good question. Polaris is sending me a bunch more things to review. I'll be curious when those reviews are done, what the total view count will turn out to be. Hard to figure out if I have the audience for this kind of content.
Just like forums for trucks and SUVs there are dozens of ATV and UTV specific forums already out there. I guess I would ask yourself what unique perspective are you going to bring to the table that sets you apart from the established ATV and UTV forums?

Yeah. You just can't go by one video.

I don't own one but having decades of experience with side-by-side and golf carts, I want to know about comfort, maneuverability, ease of use, and how deep in water/mud it can go through. (The original Kawasaki Mule you could take in water up to the seats because the dip stick screwed on tight and the spark plug wire kept the water out.

I like that you seem new to this world, brings a fresh perspective to the machines. You might nos have the bias that everyone already in the industry have.
I think that's my angle. Middle age guy who is getting into ATV and UTVs. Fresh perspective.

I think that's my angle. Middle age guy who is getting into ATV and UTVs. Fresh perspective.
Well that angle might work. I bought my Yamaha Rhino side by side back in 2004. My UTV is a tool that I use almost every day around our 70 acre property. It truly is a utility work vehicle for me in that it has hauled tons of firewood, helped install lots of fencing, rock and cement hauler and elk transport back to camp. It goes almost everywhere on our property that no pickup truck could ever go. Along with my tractor this UTV is essential in making my life easier and projects go faster and safer.

What do you think of the power steering argument? I thought it was great, but heard the feedback that at high speeds it is a negative.
I kind of wish there was a way to shut the power steering off over 15 or 20 mph or so, I was out in the sand dunes doing some beach running and the ATV was getting pretty loose in the ruts, I don't remember my 2002 Honda Foreman doing that.

What do you think of the power steering argument? I thought it was great, but heard the feedback that at high speeds it is a negative.
Agree but newer power steering systems on ATV's and SxS's are progressive. So a lot of help at low speed and no help at high speed. Provides the best experience. After driving a quad with power steering for so long, each time I hope onto one without, it feels wrong and you got to wrestle with it, especially if it's above 500cc.

Back