What did you do with your truck today?

Saddle Tramp

I'm stealing this topic from another forums.

Tell us and show us what you did with your pickup. Show off your projects, adventures, or chores.

IMG_0707.jpegA somewhat successful attempt to black out the tailgate emblems on my AT4 using Hyperdip. The GMC and Sierra emblems came out OK but I’m not having much luck with the 4 on the AT4. I pull off too much of the hyper dip when exposing the red in the 4. Tried twice today, I’ve had enough, will try again tomorrow

Not today, but two weeks ago, I added a headache rack to my diamondback cover. Trying to maximize the amount of stuff I can carry with a 5 foot box. So far moved a chair with the cover and it worked great, but hunting season will be the real test when I have 3-400 pounds on the cover and all of my stuff in the bed.

My grandpa calls any short box on a truck a lunch box. His reasoning is a lunch box is about the only thing you have space for, and the older I get, the more I agree with him lol.

test15.jpgtest14.jpg

Round 2. Some improvement by scoring the red area between coats but still a bit ragged. Not so noticeable at a distance but up close the edges are not as clean in the red inserts. Good enough for now but I’ll likely just order some black and red AT4 emblems to replace the stock emblems.

IMG_0709.jpegIMG_0711.jpegIMG_0712.jpeg

@TheDo114 I recommend a headache rack to a coworker after her boyfriend smashed the back window while loading in a quad runner.

I'm curious to see how the diamondback cover holds up.

Keep us informed.

I'm curious to see how the diamondback cover holds up.

Keep us informed.
The Diamondback? Oh, they do just fine....lol. Mine is 15 years old. Bought it new for my 3rd gen in 2009, then moved it over to my 4th gen. I replaced all the hardware with SS. Definitly need to keep the gaskets lubed in winter. Only takes once for them to freeze to the bedrail to learn that lesson.

my truck 2.jpg
PXL_20230822_201231745.jpg

The Diamondback? Oh, they do just fine....lol. Mine is 15 years old. Bought it new for my 3rd gen in 2009, then moved it over to my 4th gen. I replaced all the hardware with SS. Definitly need to keep the gaskets lubed in winter. Only takes once for them to freeze to the bedrail to learn that lesson.

View attachment 353
View attachment 354
Nice, happy to hear that yours lasted so long. Do you drive a lot in the bush with your truck or mostly on pave road?

The center C-clamps that hold the center panel down? I have never had them loosen. I have pulled it occasionally to haul mulch and some gravel but after tightening it back up, it never moves. The bed liner material has worn off of the diamond plate "points" in places but I use it hard. Machines, lumber, etc. I could touch it up but it's fine.

Back