WHAT ACCESSORIES HAVE YOU ADDED TO YOUR TRUCK?

NMTRUCKER

So I’ve had my ‘23 GMC SIERRA 1500 for almost a year and a half and I thought I would go over the additions I’ve made. First add-on was an AWS bug guard which doesn’t deflect all the bugs but surprisingly deflects most of them. Second addition was a set of Westin 6” side bars. These are 6” wide and stick out further and a bit lower than most. Never had these in a pickup before but they really help getting into the truck along with the grab handles. Third addition were a pair of rosewood beaded seat cushions. We bought these for a 2,000 mile road trip and have left them in place ever since. They actually are comfortable and provide a gap between the seat and your back and butt. This enhances the seat ventilation. The most recent addition was a RETRAX MX PRO retractable tonneau cover. Never had one of these either so it will be interesting to see if it helps with fuel mileage and airflow. Oh, almost forgot the dual IDASH gauges which I purchased when I bought the truck.

Attachments

• IMG_3006.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3012.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3015.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3011.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3014.jpeg
    IMG_3014.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
24 Sierra 1500 AT4 3.0L
  • Banks Datamonster iDash
  • 4Knines dog hammock
  • TruXedo Sentry CT tonneau cover.
  • Cargo nets to keep stuff from moving around.
  • Emblems blacked out with Hyperdip
  • Exhaust tips will be blacked out with high temp paint this weekend.
  • 3 ton floor jack, jack stands, and some new hand tools so I can do my own maintenance. Harbor Frieght has become a new stopping ground.
  • Valvomax oil drain plug (not yet installed.
  • Active 2.0 pressure washer for detailing. (Hand wash only, my new weekend pastime)
  • Stubby antenna.
  • Got a quote for a Fox 2.5 suspension upgrade with Method wheels and Toyo tires. Undecided if or when I'd pull the trigger on it.

24 Sierra 1500 AT4 3.0L
  • Banks Datamonster iDash
  • 4Knines dog hammock
  • TruXedo Sentry CT tonneau cover.
  • Cargo nets to keep stuff from moving around.
  • Emblems blacked out with Hyperdip
  • Exhaust tips will be blacked out with high temp paint this weekend.
  • 3 ton floor jack, jack stands, and some new hand tools so I can do my own maintenance. Harbor Frieght has become a new stopping ground.
  • Valvomax oil drain plug (not yet installed.
  • Active 2.0 pressure washer for detailing. (Hand wash only, my new weekend pastime)
  • Stubby antenna.
  • Got a quote for a Fox 2.5 suspension upgrade with Method wheels and Toyo tires. Undecided if or when I'd pull the trigger on it.
All really nice additions to your truck and maintenance capabilities! Let us know how the Valvomax drain works for you. Probably 20 years ago I went to a Harbor Freight sales event to buy some shop power tools but I walked away with only a set of ballpeen hammers because the quality was so poor. That’s not true anymore and I recently bought a set of impact sockets and a roll around cart for my shop.

Really not too many on my 2011 Ram Sport.
  • Diamondback HD bed cover - Needed the extra room to haul an ATV and still use the bed for supplies like water/gas/coolers/etc. Turned out to be extremely watertight as well.
  • Line-X bed liner - Because it wasn't done at the factory. Besides, I like the aftermarket better. They apply it thicker, and it's warrantied for life.
  • Weathertech floor liners and mudflaps - Any floor liner is better than none. So easy to clean.
  • Fumoto oil drain valve - a godsend when changing your own oil. Just too damn easy.
  • Air Lift bags - The Rams squat bad with the coils so the Air Lift really helped to even that out when loaded. They bust a lot but they do have a lifetime warranty, so they just send new ones when I bust one.
  • Blacked out badges and chrome, including the wheels with Plasti-Dip. Less permanent than de-badging like I did with my last Ram.

All really nice additions to your truck and maintenance capabilities! Let us know how the Valvomax drain works for you. Probably 20 years ago I went to a Harbor Freight sales event to buy some shop power tools but I walked away with only a set of ballpeen hammers because the quality was so poor. That’s not true anymore and I recently bought a set of impact sockets and a roll around cart for my shop.

No doubt HF has really stepped up their game. I used to only buy "low use" tools like pullers or other things like that. Now I have sets of impact sockets, TQ wrenches, long ratchets, and a jack from them.

I've done quite a bit of little things to my truck and only a couple major items:
  • 295/70-R18 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss (35x11.50)
    • This took some trimming and pushing back inner fender liners, removal of mud flap bracket.
  • 18x9 0" Offset Icon Alloy Rebound - Titanium color
  • Ready lift 1.75" Level w/ UCA's
  • Borla Performance Exhaust - S Type (This is the GM performance exhaust)
  • Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Airbags
  • Pulsar LT programmer
    • Allows for calibrating the new tire size, can also disable DFM and Auto start/stop, increase max speed etc.
  • Bakflip MX4 hard tri-fold tonneau cover
  • Tinted 4 side windows to match the back
  • Hyper dip - Black badges around
  • Replaced red front GMC logo with black
  • Satin black metal knob covers throughout interior
  • GM high clearance steps
    • These are great because they are tucked right up under the body and don't hang down
  • A stubby black antenna

Last edited:
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road for an Overland build
  • DIY Detail 5yr Graphene Coating and other products from their line
  • Several new pressure washer accessories
  • Falken Wildpeak AT4W 265/70/R17 SL rating
  • Kuat Ibex bed rack, I have used it in both mid and full height configurations.
    • Current Full Height, Molle panels coming this week.
    • Bottle opener
    • Handle
    • Will be adding their front molle panel as well.
  • 4x4 Colorado Alto MIni Roof Top Tent
  • Billet Tie Downs D-rings and Bed Tie downs, will be adding some of their rail tiedowns
  • Rotopax 3 Gallon Gas Can
  • Iceco APL55 Fridge/Freezer
  • Moon Shade awning
  • Thors Lightning Total Control Air Compressor and 4 Tire Inflation/Deflation Kit
  • Rhino Recovery Rope and Traction Boards
  • Will be adding
    • Caliraised Trail Rock Sliders (should have been here already)
    • MTX275 Micromobile with stealth antennae (Wires are run)
    • Trail exhaust aka axel dump exhaust
    • Rollercams for tie downs
In the future? Not sure yet. May do suspension and Method wheels and 33in tires, but no bigger than that.

2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road for an Overland build
  • DIY Detail 5yr Graphene Coating and other products from their line
  • Several new pressure washer accessories
  • Falken Wildpeak AT4W 265/70/R17 SL rating
  • Kuat Ibex bed rack, I have used it in both mid and full height configurations.
    • Current Full Height, Molle panels coming this week.
    • Bottle opener
    • Handle
    • Will be adding their front molle panel as well.
  • 4x4 Colorado Alto MIni Roof Top Tent
  • Billet Tie Downs D-rings and Bed Tie downs, will be adding some of their rail tiedowns
  • Rotopax 3 Gallon Gas Can
  • Iceco APL55 Fridge/Freezer
  • Moon Shade awning
  • Thors Lightning Total Control Air Compressor and 4 Tire Inflation/Deflation Kit
  • Rhino Recovery Rope and Traction Boards
  • Will be adding
    • Caliraised Trail Rock Sliders (should have been here already)
    • MTX275 Micromobile with stealth antennae (Wires are run)
    • Trail exhaust aka axel dump exhaust
    • Rollercams for tie downs
In the future? Not sure yet. May do suspension and Method wheels and 33in tires, but no bigger than that.
Bottle opener a must have. 🍺 Looks like time for an adventure. 👍

I've done quite a bit of little things to my truck and only a couple major items:
  • 295/70-R18 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss (35x11.50)
    • This took some trimming and pushing back inner fender liners, removal of mud flap bracket.
  • 18x9 0" Offset Icon Alloy Rebound - Titanium color
  • Ready lift 1.75" Level w/ UCA's
  • Borla Performance Exhaust - S Type (This is the GM performance exhaust)
  • Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Airbags
  • Pulsar LT programmer
    • Allows for calibrating the new tire size, can also disable DFM and Auto start/stop, increase max speed etc.
  • Bakflip MX4 hard tri-fold tonneau cover
  • Tinted 4 side windows to match the back
  • Hyper dip - Black badges around
  • Replaced red front GMC logo with black
  • Satin black metal knob covers throughout interior
  • GM high clearance steps
    • These are great because they are tucked right up under the body and don't hang down
  • A stubby black antenna
Quite a list dude. Does the Pulsar permanently turn off auto start/stop?

Quite a list dude. Does the Pulsar permanently turn off auto start/stop?
Yes, you can permanently turn off Auto start/stop and/or DFM.

"The Pulsar LT is a new in-line module for 2019-2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L/6.2L that offers complete adjustability of many features, all from your steering wheel controls. Without modifying your truck's ECM, Pulsar LT offers you the ability to adjust throttle response, tire size, gear ratio, TPMS, and your top speed limiter. Pulsar LT can also be used to disable Auto Start/Stop and Active/Dynamic Fuel Management. It connects directly to the vehicle computer system, making installation a breeze and leaving your factory warranty intact. And yes, it does work on 6.2 10-speed models!"

Chrome delete - phase 2 - Paint HDMI exhaust tips black

1000000077.jpg
High temp flat black paint. Gloss might have blended a little better but I'm happy with the results. Job took a lot longer than i planned. Removing the sidesteps, which needs to be done to remove the tips, was not a fun task.

This is what I added to my 2021 Ford Ranger Tremor XLT:

-Diamonback cover with headache rack
-Rokblokz XL mudflaps
-Husky floor mats up front and in the back
-Baja Design Squadron Sport A pillar lights
-Extra tie down in the bed (Thank you Ford for cheapening out and removing them)
-Hopkins Insight brake controller
-Console tray

I'm due for new tires pretty soon as I keep getting bolts in my tires and they are wearing like crap even with 8000 km (5000 miles) rotation. They are general grabber ATX load range C.

Back