Tundra resale

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
I got an email today from a viewer who wanted to know what happened to the 2022 Tundra I sold and the resale value. The Silverado sold video blew up and this video didn't. I'm thinking of doing another video comparing all three or maybe waiting for the Ram sold video next year.

Thoughts? Did you see this one? Just trying to figure out why this video only got 17k views and the Silverado sold video currently has 69k views. This is the stuff that can keep you up at night. LOL

In 2022, the Silverado sold 520k units, the Tundra 100K. So the Tundra sold 19% of what the Silverado did.

The 17k views for the Tundra is 24% of the 69K views for the Silverado. You get 5% for people liking you and your channel!

I think it's a numbers game.

In 2022, the Silverado sold 520k units, the Tundra 100K. So the Tundra sold 19% of what the Silverado did.

The 17k views for the Tundra is 24% of the 69K views for the Silverado. You get 5% for people liking you and your channel!

I think it's a numbers game.

That could be part of it, but a lot of us watch many different truck videos. I watched a ton of Tims on all 3 trucks he's owned even though none of them were the brand I am currently driving.

I got an email today from a viewer who wanted to know what happened to the 2022 Tundra I sold and the resale value. The Silverado sold video blew up and this video didn't. I'm thinking of doing another video comparing all three or maybe waiting for the Ram sold video next year.

Thoughts? Did you see this one? Just trying to figure out why this video only got 17k views and the Silverado sold video currently has 69k views. This is the stuff that can keep you up at night. LOL

My theory. Ford, GM and RAM buyers are "truck people." GM owners will watch the Silverado sale video to see how well GM did and what they can expect, take away from it. Ford people will watch the Silverado video because they want to see GM fail somehow feel superior with their truck. This would be the opposite if it was a Ford sale video, so no bias. RAM owners will watch the video because they're the little brother that think big brothers have it all wrong and "I'll watch the train wreck because I know better."

Toyota owners, I was one for a very long time, are a different breed altogether. Of the group, I find they care less about other people's takes or opinions becasue Toyota makes the best vehicle. Period. Any issues a Toyota has were built that way on purpose by the engineers at Toyota. They don't make mistakes. So, they're not going to watch a video about Siverado resale or Tundra resale. Two different reasons, I don't care about an inferior product, Silverado, and I can't face reality and watch the Tundra video, "Tim did something wrong if his resale wasn't great."

This post might be a joke, or it might be the truth.

Last edited:
That could be part of it, but a lot of us watch many different truck videos. I watched a ton of Tims on all 3 trucks he's owned even though none of them were the brand I am currently driving.
Yes, that is why it's about 5% higher. We'd need to know the percentage of subscribed vs not subscribed viewer for both videos and have some idea as to off those that viewed, how many owned each of the vehicles to really dig deeper on that. For sure people who are subscribed watch more of the videos, but without quite a bit more data, it would be hard to know for sure. Once he sells the Ram if those numbers held, you could make a more informed hypothesis. When market share between two vehicles is that different, it makes sense there would be a significant difference in views as well.

What do you guys think of the thumbnail and title of that video versus this one? I’m considering changing the title and thumbnail to be closer to the one below and then posting it in the comments as well as a YouTube post.

Maybe it’s just a title and thumbnail issue.

Here's How Much I Lost Selling the $67k 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 3.0L Duramax

I’m also debating shooting a new intro and outro then running the old video in a new video. Just seems like I have a bigger audience now and this is information people missed. It’s good info imo.
Either that or a breakdown of the last three vehicles with timelines for reference etc.

Back