TRD Jon on truck payments and how much YouTube pays him

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
When I was starting YouTube I found these kinds of videos really insightful. I would think, IF I put in the effort maybe I could get there. What do you think?

I'll try to watch this one, don't really watch TRDJohn anymore though. Just not a fan of the new truck with immediate thousands and thousands of dollars of mods and then videos about the mods.

I can appreciate what he's done though.

Last edited:
There are 3 reasons why I watch a truck focused YouTube channel.
  1. I'm planning on buying a new truck.
  2. I've got a truck but planning on buying some accessories for it
  3. I've spent all my money and just want to listen to someone talking about trucks.
While how YouTube works might be interesting its not something that brings me to your channel. If you can put something together fairly easily and need some filler content throw it up and I might watch it. If iits going to take a lot of effort though your time may be better spent on your core content.

I need to make a Youtube channel Work Truck Kent so I can buy base model work trucks and presumably write them off as business expense. My favorite trucks have always been base model trucks, if I see a truck other than base model its a complete turn off for me.

Honestly, I don't do videos like this for the sole reason of the misunderstandings in the comments. No matter how I seem to say it, some people will never understand YouTube is a business and with that comes taxes, equipment costs, labor, etc... I joined YouTube in 2016 and my family still doesn't get what I do for a living. How can I somehow make others understand? I don't think I can so I see it as a waste of time.

Now, the what did I sell my latest truck for videos are useful IMO. Also, sometimes they do well enough that they make up for any losses. LOL

I watched the video and I thought it was good insight and interesting. I've seen some stuff like this before, TFL did one a while back and I remember being so surprised by how little they actually make from their YouTube. John's seemed much better, I wonder about the disparity.

Back