Toyota denying warranty claims - GR Corolla

Fightnfire

Two Toyota Corolla GRs have burned up and their reasons for denying warranty claims on one was going over 85 mph. This is a track edition Corolla that comes when you purchase it with a day at the racetrack.

Second warranty was denied because they couldn't figure out the exact cause of the fire...

Buried in the details of the story are that Toyota receives information packets from these vehicles with data about how they are being driven? They claim to have received a data packet from one of the vehicles showing it hit a top speed of 114 mph but that doesn't appear to be on the day of the fire and could have been at the racetrack.

This whole GR Corolla warranty situation is messed up. 85 mph seems like a ridiculously low bar for denying a warranty claim on a performance car, especially one advertised for track use. And the second case sounds like Toyota is grasping at straws. Data tracking can be useful, but it shouldn't be an excuse to deny legitimate claims. Hopefully these owners get some justice!

This whole GR Corolla warranty situation is messed up. 85 mph seems like a ridiculously low bar for denying a warranty claim on a performance car, especially one advertised for track use. And the second case sounds like Toyota is grasping at straws. Data tracking can be useful, but it shouldn't be an excuse to deny legitimate claims. Hopefully these owners get some justice!
In my opinion, warranties are kind of like insurance. If you want to get the payout you deserve, you have to fight tooth and nail with the provider. They will deny almost every claim the first time around. That approach saves them a lot of money.

In my opinion, warranties are kind of like insurance. If you want to get the payout you deserve, you have to fight tooth and nail with the provider. They will deny almost every claim the first time around. That approach saves them a lot of money.
Unfortunately it does seem warranties and insurance often operate that way, looking to deny or reduce payouts however possible even on legitimate claims. These owners will definitely need to push back strongly.

Two Toyota Corolla GRs have burned up and their reasons for denying warranty claims on one was going over 85 mph. This is a track edition Corolla that comes when you purchase it with a day at the racetrack.

Second warranty was denied because they couldn't figure out the exact cause of the fire...

Buried in the details of the story are that Toyota receives information packets from these vehicles with data about how they are being driven? They claim to have received a data packet from one of the vehicles showing it hit a top speed of 114 mph but that doesn't appear to be on the day of the fire and could have been at the racetrack.
Now that's some BS. See? I criticized an automaker. LOL

BTW, I made a deal about this on the truck news recap. Hopefully I help amplify this story to put pressure on Toyota.

Ford Patents Auto Speeding Tickets, Toyota Denies Warranty, Ram Plant Layoffs

Back