Toyota crash test cheating

It's very difficult to maintain control in such a large company. All it takes is a very small number of people willing to comprise on quality or ethical standards and the whole company looks bad. I used to have several hundred people working under me (almost all indirectly) and I know how difficult it can be to keep everyone in line. I feel bad for the CEO, but at least he stepped up, admitted it, and is doing something about it.

It's very difficult to maintain control in such a large company. All it takes is a very small number of people willing to comprise on quality or ethical standards and the whole company looks bad. I used to have several hundred people working under me (almost all indirectly) and I know how difficult it can be to keep everyone in line. I feel bad for the CEO, but at least he stepped up, admitted it, and is doing something about it.
Yep, been there, took the punishment. Regardless who made it, their decision is still your responsibility.
Interesting how Honda and Mazda also apologized for using older criteria for different testing.

Yep, been there, took the punishment. Regardless who made it, their decision is still your responsibility.
Interesting how Honda and Mazda also apologized for using older criteria for different testing.

Reading a little deeper it looks like Honda and Mazda apologized but that whatever they did wasn't affecting outcomes? Whereas Toyotas cheating was directly affecting outcome of tests.

That makes it seem like Mazda was just using outdated techniques instead of purposely doing anything that would affect a test result.

Reading a little deeper it looks like Honda and Mazda apologized but that whatever they did wasn't affecting outcomes? Whereas Toyotas cheating was directly affecting outcome of tests.

That makes it seem like Mazda was just using outdated techniques instead of purposely doing anything that would affect a test result.

"Meanwhile, Mazda said it fabricated test results and tampered with the units used for collision testing in five models"

"In a certification test for occupant protection in the event of a frontal collision, an external device was used to trigger a timed activation of the airbag instead of spontaneous activation based on collision detection by an onboard sensor," Mazda Corporation said.

I don't know, it doesn't sound too good the way it's written. And now Suzuki is getting in on it.

"In Suzuki‘s case, the fraudulent conduct was limited to a single model: the LCV version of the previous-generation Alto produced between 2014 and 2017. Suzuki found that the stopping distance listed on the brakes fading test was shorter than the actual measurements."

Reading how they all manipulated the test for measuring power makes me think of the "Diesel-gate" crap here. Guess the American and German companies aren't alone in cheating to get better numbers...lol

Back