Towing video about an SUV with technology that isn't working

duggydo

I've not been shy about sharing my skepticism of the tech in modern vehicles. I assume the vehicle in this video was still covered under warranty. Can you imagine the cost if it wasn't? Even a towing professional has issues recovering this hunk-o-junk. I can't imagine trying to tow one myself with my flatbed trailer. I recall talking to a friend of mine about why he would never again buy the most expensive model truck in the lineup. They cost a lot in the beginning and a lot in the end. It just isn't worth it to me.

I've not been shy about sharing my skepticism of the tech in modern vehicles. I assume the vehicle in this video was still covered under warranty. Can you imagine the cost if it wasn't? Even a towing professional has issues recovering this hunk-o-junk. I can't imagine trying to tow one myself with my flatbed trailer. I recall talking to a friend of mine about why he would never again buy the most expensive model truck in the lineup. They cost a lot in the beginning and a lot in the end. It just isn't worth it to me.
Interesting video. I wonder why the operator didn’t borrow the magic tool from the dealership to release the e-brake. Also I wonder if you could use a scan tool with bidirectional control to release the e-brake? To do a brake job on these vehicles with e-brakes you always use a scan tool to release the brake and the vehicle does not have to be operating. 🤔

Last edited:
That's a frustrating situation to have to deal with. It seems like GM really needs to address the underlying issues with these vehicles not being able to easily shift into neutral when stalled. Towing them must be a real challenge as a result.

Back