Tim's Canyon AT4X AEV Video

Fightnfire

@testerdahl , really solid video. A couple questions for me from it.. how did you feel about the power delivery? I've heard mixed reports ... Nobody that I've seen has said they don't like it but a couple of guys felt like it's a little slow to get going considering it has 430 lb of torque. Right at the end of your video you hit it coming around a corner off the line and it was chirping the tires pretty well which I thought was rather impressive considering it's on 35s? That's not easy to do in a heavy truck with a four banger turbo.

Also, something I wasn't aware of or just haven't heard much about is that the exhaust changes, baffles open, in the different drive modes being the loudest and most aggressive in Baja. Did you notice that? Also at the end it sounded more aggressive from inside the cab and unlike Toyota there's no fake noise pumped in. Not a shot at Toyota, they're just the only one I know doing that in mid-size off the top of my head.

Lastly, which drone are using for your footage? I played around with them in the past and I'm thinking about getting back into it. Likes/dislikes lol?

@testerdahl , really solid video. A couple questions for me from it.. how did you feel about the power delivery? I've heard mixed reports ... Nobody that I've seen has said they don't like it but a couple of guys felt like it's a little slow to get going considering it has 430 lb of torque. Right at the end of your video you hit it coming around a corner off the line and it was chirping the tires pretty well which I thought was rather impressive considering it's on 35s? That's not easy to do in a heavy truck with a four banger turbo.

Also, something I wasn't aware of or just haven't heard much about is that the exhaust changes, baffles open, in the different drive modes being the loudest and most aggressive in Baja. Did you notice that? Also at the end it sounded more aggressive from inside the cab and unlike Toyota there's no fake noise pumped in. Not a shot at Toyota, they're just the only one I know doing that in mid-size off the top of my head.

Lastly, which drone are using for your footage? I played around with them in the past and I'm thinking about getting back into it. Likes/dislikes lol?

Thanks. That was a fun video to do.

Let's see:

Power Delivery: it was fine for me and yeah the tires chirped. I'd imagine it has to do with driving styles. I know a lot of people live in Sport mode since they want to drive aggressive. I'm a slower driver and very different from Jill.

Exhaust note: I hadn't thought of that one before. The Ford Ranger Raptor video I'm working on has exhaust modes. Seems to me GM could do the same if they wanted it to stand out. For me, when I get in Baja mode, it is all about going fast and I don't really pay attention to what's behind me like the exhaust note.

In the Raptor, the exhaust note does stand out.

I fly a DJI Mavic Air 2. I was shopping around and found it a few years ago. I watched a video where a guy in England flew it in like 60 MPH winds and the image was solid. That was enough to sell me on it.

Thanks. That was a fun video to do.

I fly a DJI Mavic Air 2. I was shopping around and found it a few years ago. I watched a video where a guy in England flew it in like 60 MPH winds and the image was solid. That was enough to sell me on it.

That's the same one I saw a great deal on recently, good to know.

That's the same one I saw a great deal on recently, good to know.
I've also been thinking about getting a drone. I've been looking at reviews and the Holy Stone drones seems to be a much better value from what I've seen so far. I'm going to do more research, but they are so much less expensive and you can do free returns with Amazon, I'm probably going to get one just to try it out.

Do you think the drone footage was a good add to the video? I seem to go in spurts of using it and then not. I’m still undecided if it matters.

I think used in the right context, where you used it is great. Some channels do have a tendency to overuse drone and or stock footage and I don't find those as authentic. But having some drone footage throughout the video is great. A good example of this is driving sports with Ryan he uses drone footage quite a bit to show how the vehicle is reacting to the conditions on his proving grounds which is really good.

I've also been thinking about getting a drone. I've been looking at reviews and the Holy Stone drones seems to be a much better value from what I've seen so far. I'm going to do more research, but they are so much less expensive and you can do free returns with Amazon, I'm probably going to get one just to try it out.

I had an older DJI and a Parrot Bebop 2. From my limited experience the major difference seems to be flight time, flight range and quality meaning length of recording etc.

The Parrot was more expensive but I got a really great flight time with recording capability whereas in a cheaper drone I needed to change batteries halfway through to get that same flight time.

Generally speaking I feel like technology has caught up to where you probably could save some money and get similar capability in an off-brand or at least not known as well brand as DJI.

Back