Talking speed in this video

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
I'm curious about how fast I talked in this video. I typically get told I talk too fast and this one I filmed later in the day. I wonder if that makes a difference and if this speed is better in your opinion?

I have noticed you occasioanlly get going and start talking quicker, I don't have a problem with it as it comes across as true enthusiasmn. I do think sometimes it causes a mistake or once or twice during build comparisons not noticing when a package added drops other items etc. Just going a little too fast in general. I say be you and just keep going.

I have the same problem Tim! We just get excited and it sort of happens. I do try to take a breath and I have the luxury and the extra work of editing my videos, which means when I catch myself doing that I just stop and do a new take. You're videos are pretty much shot so they always be super authentic, but we all make mistakes, say things wrong sometimes. But I also have that issue of talking too fast sometimes too. You acknowledge it to let people know and you can try to remember to keep it slow, but also don't be self conscious either.

What do you use for mics though? I think the GX video with Jill would have been best served with dual mics like the DJI or something. I don't use my phone to record, so I don't currently have a gimbal, but it's e great if you could connect both the gimbal and a mic system. Audio is always the most important part, to me at least.

Keep doing what you are doing! It is working. You can never make everyone happy and if talking more slowly or clearly is something you want to do, do it for you not everyone else or you'll just be unhappy.

Hopefully this was helpful.

I'm curious about how fast I talked in this video. I typically get told I talk too fast and this one I filmed later in the day. I wonder if that makes a difference and if this speed is better in your opinion?

Tim, the claims of your fast talking are exaggerated. I really didn't notice any difference myself. People just need to listen faster.....

I have the same problem Tim! We just get excited and it sort of happens. I do try to take a breath and I have the luxury and the extra work of editing my videos, which means when I catch myself doing that I just stop and do a new take. You're videos are pretty much shot so they always be super authentic, but we all make mistakes, say things wrong sometimes. But I also have that issue of talking too fast sometimes too. You acknowledge it to let people know and you can try to remember to keep it slow, but also don't be self conscious either.

What do you use for mics though? I think the GX video with Jill would have been best served with dual mics like the DJI or something. I don't use my phone to record, so I don't currently have a gimbal, but it's e great if you could connect both the gimbal and a mic system. Audio is always the most important part, to me at least.

Keep doing what you are doing! It is working. You can never make everyone happy and if talking more slowly or clearly is something you want to do, do it for you not everyone else or you'll just be unhappy.

Hopefully this was helpful.
I have a Yeti mic at home and we use Rode wireless mics on the road or when I'm doing a review. I'm thinking of switching to the DJI mics for trips. I think they might work better.

I have a Yeti mic at home and we use Rode wireless mics on the road or when I'm doing a review. I'm thinking of switching to the DJI mics for trips. I think they might work better.
The Yeti is a solid mic and the Rode's are good too, but can you connect them to your phone directly? I think that's a great benefit of the DJIs and that would have helped with the Audio on the GX video I think. DJI just launched a new version of their mics this past week and everyone is raving about them so far.

The Yeti is a solid mic and the Rode's are good too, but can you connect them to your phone directly? I think that's a great benefit of the DJIs and that would have helped with the Audio on the GX video I think. DJI just launched a new version of their mics this past week and everyone is raving about them so far.
They can. Tommy Mica had a set and I was checking them out.

Back