RIP Autoblog

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
Autoblog has been sold to a venture capitalist firm called the Arena Group. All the staff is being let go and it appears the new owners will be switching to contractors only. No full-time jobs.

I hate it when this happens. Every site I've seen go this direction loses its authenticity IMO. I get emails all the time to sell this website and my answer if a firm HELL NO.

RIP to the website that's been around for nearly 20 years. They have had a good run.

Just wait until you get a $20 million offer Tim. It won't be so easy to turn down. Think about all the places you could play golf with that money.
I play enough golf. LOL. I just don't know what I would do with myself all day. Honestly, that and my lack of desire to sell are my biggest reasons. I'd go stir crazy.

Autoblog has been sold to a venture capitalist firm called the Arena Group. All the staff is being let go and it appears the new owners will be switching to contractors only. No full-time jobs.

I hate it when this happens. Every site I've seen go this direction loses its authenticity IMO. I get emails all the time to sell this website and my answer if a firm HELL NO.

RIP to the website that's been around for nearly 20 years. They have had a good run.
Seems like a lot of places lose their identity as ownership changes. I used to frequent Jalopnik but have been there in years.

Back