Portable power and generator from Jackery

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
Just got this email from Jackery. I'm moderately curious about it especially with blackouts.

I also thought you'd all be interested in what these kind of promotion collaboration emails look like.

----

Hi Pickup Truck Plus SUV Talk,

This is Joyce from Wotokol company, the advertiser of Jackery.

You do really great contents so we want to invite you to the collaboration.

Brand: Jackery

Official link: https://www.jackery.com/?gad_source...5iOdnQlW-HlLs95C2ttORTgcxG9l-v0BoCot4QAvD_BwE

Product: Jackery Solar Generator 2000 Plus Kit, including 1*Jackery Solar Generator 2000 Plus + 1 or 2*Battery Pack 2000 Plus + 1*SolarSaga 200W + 1*Jackery Manual Transfer Switch + 1*Transfer switch cable

Brief link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14y23fsxn3XIqaDHKNkCbQjfLvTeV4JIer9u2YQVEe3I/edit

Platform: a 10min dedicated video or a 1-5min integrated video on YouTube

Post time: before July 12th, 2024(12/7/2024)

Do you accept the gifting colloboration?

If not, would you please tell me your rate if you’re interested?

Looking forward to your reply.

I have really loved my portable power systems. I started with sm Ecoflow and have switched to Bluetti. I use it everyday to charge my devices, phone, tablets, laptops, cameras and what not and they're great. I'd the power were to go out I could use them for backup as well.

On the emails from companies, I often wonder about them as the grammar is generally pretty terrible from almost all of them. It takes some research to ensure they are real sometimes.

Interesting stuff though.

I have really loved my portable power systems. I started with sm Ecoflow and have switched to Bluetti. I use it everyday to charge my devices, phone, tablets, laptops, cameras and what not and they're great. I'd the power were to go out I could use them for backup as well.

On the emails from companies, I often wonder about them as the grammar is generally pretty terrible from almost all of them. It takes some research to ensure they are real sometimes.

I guess WOTOKOL is a legitimate global advertising company that represents all sorts of products. Never heard of them myself.

The emails are generally all like that. I figure it is a global company and translators are in short supply.

The emails are generally all like that. I figure it is a global company and translators are in short supply.
I watched a Linus Tech Tips video where he talked about getting his channel hacked by clicking a link from a sponsor email. He runs a computer channel, so even the savvy folks are susceptible.

I found it. Here’s the video.

I watched a Linus Tech Tips video where he talked about getting his channel hacked by clicking a link from a sponsor email. He runs a computer channel, so even the savvy folks are susceptible.

I found it. Here’s the video.

Yikes. Fortunately, none of the emails I get have attachments or ZIP files. Oh and why didn't that guy put some damn clothes on. LOL

I bought a 600w Bluetti with solar panels on Amazon days. Works great at camp for running LED lights and charging devices. The bigger generators look awesome but like EV cars, it's just the price that makes it hard If used enough, it could really pay-off, just like an EV.

For just camping use you don't really need a very large battery at all especially if you also have a solar panel. I think a lot of people feel they need something bigger than they do, "Just in Case", but even running a fridge all night, my 800 watt Bluetti still showed full and on another trip it lost about 14% of the battery overnight running the fridge when I have it hooked together with another 400 watt Bluetti.

If I had the run the fridge all day with no power coming in from the vehicle or solar, I'd run out after about 24 hours or so, but that's the worst case scenario and unlikely to ever happen. If you don't have a fridge 400-600 watts will get your through a long weekend pretty easily. I only have the two batteries because I also charge my cameras and drone for videos. If I didn't have that, one battery would be plenty.

Anything more than that and your adding a lot of extra weight.

For just camping use you don't really need a very large battery at all especially if you also have a solar panel. I think a lot of people feel they need something bigger than they do, "Just in Case", but even running a fridge all night, my 800 watt Bluetti still showed full and on another trip it lost about 14% of the battery overnight running the fridge when I have it hooked together with another 400 watt Bluetti.

If I had the run the fridge all day with no power coming in from the vehicle or solar, I'd run out after about 24 hours or so, but that's the worst case scenario and unlikely to ever happen. If you don't have a fridge 400-600 watts will get your through a long weekend pretty easily. I only have the two batteries because I also charge my cameras and drone for videos. If I didn't have that, one battery would be plenty.

Anything more than that and your adding a lot of extra weight.
Oh yeah, camping is one thing. Emergency power use is another. The smaller 500-800 should be plenty for camping, but that won't run a house in a power outage for long. My Bluetti does great for a week in camp but even then I have run a generator to keep it charged.

Oh yeah, camping is one thing. Emergency power use is another. The smaller 500-800 should be plenty for camping, but that won't run a house in a power outage for long. My Bluetti does great for a week in camp but even then I have run a generator to keep it charged.
For home power backup, you need something quite a bit bigger unless you're just going to power a fridge to keep things cold. Probably 2-5kw minimum to power the essentials. Maybe even 5-10kw with enough solar to be able to keep them charging and powering the house during the day.

I just have a 200 watt solar panel that keeps everything powered on during the day and keeps the batteries topped up just fine.

Yep, that's what I mean. To replace a good 2-4kw genny, the comparable portable power station is well over $1000.

Back