My area

I guess the wind must have blown all the trees away. 😮
LOL. We don't have many trees around here. Lots of wide open prairie.

Interestingly, Nebraska is home to Arbor day. This day was created to plant trees and I guess ranchers haven't loved that day. The problem is we have limited water resources and planting more trees doesn't help with watering crops or cattle.

LOL. We don't have many trees around here. Lots of wide open prairie.

Interestingly, Nebraska is home to Arbor day. This day was created to plant trees and I guess ranchers haven't loved that day. The problem is we have limited water resources and planting more trees doesn't help with watering crops or cattle.
Never been through Nebraska but maybe one of these days. Looks like you guys average about 16” of rain per year which is not much. Looks like eastern Nebraska gets a lot wetter.

Never been through Nebraska but maybe one of these days. Looks like you guys average about 16” of rain per year which is not much. Looks like eastern Nebraska gets a lot wetter.
Yup. Eastern side gets humidity and a lot more rust. We don’t get that here nearly as much.

The difference between West and East Nebraska is pretty crazy. But it's like 10000 miles across, at least it feels that way when you drive through it. LOL. You have to rotate your tires after you drive from one side to the other. Like driving from the south of California to the north.

Kidding about the 10000 miles of course!

The difference between West and East Nebraska is pretty crazy. But it's like 10000 miles across, at least it feels that way when you drive through it. LOL. You have to rotate your tires after you drive from one side to the other. Like driving from the south of California to the north.

Kidding about the 10000 miles of course!

The problem with it is when you leave Iowa, you can see Colorado in the distance, but it seems to never get any closer!

I’ve been asked about my area, you know flat ole Nebraska… here’s some pics. The bluff is Scottsbluff National Monument and is on the Oregon trail. Yup, I literally live on the Oregon trail.
View attachment 249View attachment 250View attachment 251View attachment 252View attachment 253
Here’s a view outside my living room. Last September we had 30 elk (14 cows, 16 calves) spend a few hours enjoying our grass. I enjoy watching the wild animals in their habitat trying to survive in an ever shrinking world.

Attachments

• IMG_2326.jpeg
    IMG_2326.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2323.jpeg
    IMG_2323.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
That's pretty cool. Did you happen to yell at them to get off your lawn?? LOL

lol...I let the dog do that. He's small so they don't get too excited, but they move along. It's funny but I have had does drop fawns off here in the morning and then comeback late afternoon to pick them up like day-care.

Back