Most comfortable seats?

I’m interested in a 1/2 Ton Truck and comfortable seats are very important to me. Typically cloth seats are softer and in my experience they wear better over time; however I could switch to leather if you all recommend something soft.
I would appreciate your recommendations, thanks

I’m interested in a 1/2 Ton Truck and comfortable seats are very important to me. Typically cloth seats are softer and in my experience they wear better over time; however I could switch to leather if you all recommend something soft.
Hey Steve,

I talk about seat comfort quite a bit.

Nissan has/had the best seats IF you can find a Titan.

GM currently has the worst seats. People tell me the leather does wear and gets softer as they age. I put over 10k on a Silverado and they never got better, so I don’t know.

I liked my Ford cloth seats. Heated cloth seats are really ideal for my area and for me. Leather gets pretty toasty on a hot summer day. I didn’t care for the King Ranch leather seats.

I’ve liked Ram seats as well and I can’t wait to spend more time with the RHO I ordered to see how they break in.

The Tundra seats were pretty good overall. I didn’t find them to be amazingly comfortable, but also didn’t make me hate them. I’d say they are average. Now, if you have the cash, that 1794 Limited edition had some of the best leather I’ve ever seen and sat one. Wow!

Hope that helps.

I agree with Tim.

Nissan Titan
Ford
Ram
Tundra
-
-
-
-
Chevrolet and GMC

With that said, I can do a long road trip in any truck with no problems as a 6 foot tall 300 pound guy.

FWIW, I can only speak to the 2014 and 2022 Ram 1500's that I own. Just a few weeks ago we (family trip) drove from Moab, Utah to Lincoln, NE (842 miles) in one day. My Ram seats (Laramie/Leather-heated & vented) are wonderful. Spending that much time in the truck driving (pulling a 25ft camper) is no problem.

Side note: My boys (20/17yrs old & over 6ft tall) really enjoy the reclining rear seats in my 2022 Ram.

My 2014 Ram 1500 has heated cloth seats and like Tim said, yes those are the "bomb" during a cold Nebraska winter!

Have fun truck shopping!!

Last edited:
I think seat comfort depends on your body type. Everybody seems to complain about the GM seats but I (6’1”, 170 lbs) can spend 8 hours in my ‘23 GMC SIERRA 1500 and not have any discomfort. However my 2003 Silverado 2509 HD with cloth seats is extremely uncomfortable and I have to resort to using a 3” thick seat cushion that has a cutout for your tailbone. Good luck with your purchase.

I think seat comfort depends on your body type. Everybody seems to complain about the GM seats but I (6’1”, 170 lbs) can spend 8 hours in my ‘23 GMC SIERRA 1500 and not have any discomfort. However my 2003 Silverado 2509 HD with cloth seats is extremely uncomfortable and I have to resort to using a 3” thick seat cushion that has a cutout for your tailbone. Good luck with your purchase.
Thank you for your response, it is a tough call. I’m very comfortable in my 2004 Toyota Tacoma, and I’ve always had good luck with Chevy seats in the past. But I hear a lot of reviews saying the new GM trucks are very firm. It’s really hard to know until you’ve spent an eight hour drive in them.

FWIW, I can only speak to the 2014 and 2022 Ram 1500's that I own. Just a few weeks ago we (family trip) drove from Moab, Utah to Lincoln, NE (842 miles) in one day. My Ram seats (Laramie/Leather-heated & vented) are wonderful. Spending that much time in the truck driving (pulling a 25ft camper) is no problem.

Side note: My boys (20/17yrs old & over 6ft tall) really enjoy the reclining rear seats in my 2022 Ram.

My 2014 Ram 1500 has heated cloth seats and like Tim said, yes those are the "bomb" during a cold Nebraska winter!

Have fun truck shopping!!
I really liked my test drive in a new ram truck. It was a joy to drive. But I’m nervous because I heard that ram does not let you self diagnose your truck and I typically keep my vehicles for 20 years. I don’t want to be tied to a dealership in my future

Hey Steve,

I talk about seat comfort quite a bit.

Nissan has/had the best seats IF you can find a Titan.

GM currently has the worst seats. People tell me the leather does wear and gets softer as they age. I put over 10k on a Silverado and they never got better, so I don’t know.

I liked my Ford cloth seats. Heated cloth seats are really ideal for my area and for me. Leather gets pretty toasty on a hot summer day. I didn’t care for the King Ranch leather seats.

I’ve liked Ram seats as well and I can’t wait to spend more time with the RHO I ordered to see how they break in.

The Tundra seats were pretty good overall. I didn’t find them to be amazingly comfortable, but also didn’t make me hate them. I’d say they are average. Now, if you have the cash, that 1794 Limited edition had some of the best leather I’ve ever seen and sat one. Wow!

Hope that helps.
Thanks I’ll have to try a 1794 when my dealer gets one in!

I really liked my test drive in a new ram truck. It was a joy to drive. But I’m nervous because I heard that ram does not let you self diagnose your truck and I typically keep my vehicles for 20 years. I don’t want to be tied to a dealership in my future
I hear you. I like to keep my vehicles a long time too. You can do a lot with the OBD Jscan app and ALFA OBD app. I can connect and see any codes. I can clear error codes too. I added my cold air intake and forgot to connect the airflow sensor. CEL came on. I connected to the OBD port, read the code (reconnected the air flow sensor) and cleared the code. My mistake, but easily fixed.

I also added the Trailer Light check feature, plus the Trailer TPMS system and used one of these OBD apps to make that happen. So, you can get in and see way more than you would believe. You can see/change a lot of things.

I do love being able to get into the trucks system and see the codes and what not. I use this same OBD port app on both Ram 1500's and 3 Jeep Grand Cherokees that we have.

Comfort is a subjective call and needs to be balanced with the support the seat provides. My couch is more comfortable than my office chair, but the office chair provides better support than my couch. For me, the most comfortable seat for driving is one that strikes a ballance between the two with a bias towards support.

Back