More Tacoma Towing

Beninbeta

If you are interesting in towing with this midisize truck, it did well on the Ike, here is a slightly different variant of a towing example from TFL:

The truck was carrying a significant amount of weight for that road. It would have been interesting to see them descending and utilizing the brake controller. I'm sure they'll test it on the gauntlet soon.

If you are interesting in towing with this midisize truck, it did well on the Ike, here is a slightly different variant of a towing example from TFL:

I'm aware I probably have a reputation of beating on the new Tacoma here and that's ok but this was not a good result. Pedal to the floor going 11-13 mph with a near or overheating tranny? I have to agree with Roman "the gauges are just shit, they're crap" you need a number when you're towing. You could hear the panic in both of them.

4800 to 5300 lbs. Is what they had, 1200-1700 lbs short of max.

My 2nd gen pulled a 4500 lb travel trailer up and down some really steep terrain in the mountains to camp spots, never lacked for low end power like that and the new Tacoma has more, so what was limiting it?

The truck was carrying a significant amount of weight for that road. It would have been interesting to see them descending and utilizing the brake controller. I'm sure they'll test it on the gauntlet soon.
They did the gauntlet already though and it did fine. @Fightnfire not good to see it overheating. 4800 I think Acty's weight is 1532 pounds. I think they overheated towing with the Colorado and a few other vehicles on that same trail though too. I recall the Raptor handling it without issue. It would be cool for them to say this is 3.5 miles with 2500 ft of elevation gain or something though so people would have a reference.

It was towing a heavier load though too.

They did the gauntlet already though and it did fine. @Fightnfire not good to see it overheating. 4800 I think Acty's weight is 1532 pounds. I think they overheated towing with the Colorado and a few other vehicles on that same trail though too. I recall the Raptor handling it without issue. It would be cool for them to say this is 3.5 miles with 2500 ft of elevation gain or something though so people would have a reference.

It was towing a heavier load though too.
Oh yeah that's right, they did it against the Colorado. When it broke on the trail that kinda blocked out everything...lol

I'm aware I probably have a reputation of beating on the new Tacoma here and that's ok but this was not a good result. Pedal to the floor going 11-13 mph with a near or overheating tranny? I have to agree with Roman "the gauges are just shit, they're crap" you need a number when you're towing. You could hear the panic in both of them.

4800 to 5300 lbs. Is what they had, 1200-1700 lbs short of max.

My 2nd gen pulled a 4500 lb travel trailer up and down some really steep terrain in the mountains to camp spots, never lacked for low end power like that and the new Tacoma has more, so what was limiting it?
Man, nice lines on the tailgate ruined by the ambulance chaser logos

Back