Locking Fuel and Def caps

Im no fan of capless fuel filler ports, Im more worried about malicious damage done by deranged enviros pouring contaminants in the tank than fuel theft, if you have any marker on your truck displaying diesel your defiantly a target for the deranged enviro, Bem has nice aluminum locking fuel and def caps, its a deterrent to disappoint the vandal and move on, Bem started making locking fuel and def caps for the 1500 Silverado and Sierra a little while ago, their a little pricey but well worth it, contaminants poured into diesel fuel and def are a expensive fix, how or can you explain this to the insurance company, and if you happen to catch the person trying to pry into your tanks, I leave it to your imagination, my preference is pain.
locking fuel and def caps.png

Im no fan of capless fuel filler ports, Im more worried about malicious damage done by deranged enviros pouring contaminants in the tank than fuel theft, if you have any marker on your truck displaying diesel your defiantly a target for the deranged enviro, Bem has nice aluminum locking fuel and def caps, its a deterrent to disappoint the vandal and move on, Bem started making locking fuel and def caps for the 1500 Silverado and Sierra a little while ago, their a little pricey but well worth it, contaminants poured into diesel fuel and def are a expensive fix, how or can you explain this to the insurance company, and if you happen to catch the person trying to pry into your tanks, I leave it to your imagination, my preference is pain.
View attachment 187
Interesting and thanks for sharing. I hadn’t heard of a negative to cap less and this makes sense.

View attachment 187
Currently unavailable at least on Amazon. I worry more about the roving juvenile delinquents than your “deranged enviros”.

Currently unavailable at least on Amazon. I worry more about the roving juvenile delinquents than your “deranged enviros”.
These guys aren't hard to track down, their on FB with email and phone#, they don't have their own website, I'll bet you can order right from them, these caps go fast on Amazon. I dont have a FB account but you can still get their page without signing up. I worry about def spill or overflow.

Last edited:
These guys aren't hard to track down, their on FB with email and phone#, they don't have their own website, I'll bet you can order right from them, these caps go fast on Amazon. I dont have a FB account but you can still get their page without signing up. I worry about def spill or overflow.
Thanks for the info. I don’t have a FB account either but will try your suggestion. I bought one of those aluminum billet fuel caps for the diesel spout just to keep out whatever and have been looking for a locking cap for over a year. I wish GM would have installed a locking fuel door. Thanks again.👍

Back