Leveling kit HELP

esox

All,

I was hoping someone could give me some good advice/suggestions. I recently purchased a used 2020 Ford F-150. I am a first time truck owner and a novice when it comes to these types of things (leveling kits). As you can see in the pictures I attached, my truck has a front rake that I'm not crazy about.

I'm wanting to get a leveling kit to improve the front rake and raise the front-end of the vehicle. I do tow an aluminum fishing boat (around 3,300 lbs.) throughout the year, if that matters. Mentioning that, I don't want to have the rear end of the truck sag while towing.

My questions are as follows:
  1. I'm looking to get a good leveling kit. I don't mind spending the extra money to make sure it will last and is a good kit. Is there a certain type of leveling kit that you suggest? And if so, which leveling kit or manufacturer?
  2. What size leveling kit would I need? 1.5", 2" or 2.5"? Again, I do tow a lot (nothing excessive in weight), but don't want a rear sag.
  3. Is there anything else I would need besides the leveling kit?
  4. I have 20" wheels. By adding a leveling kit, will that allow me to get bigger tires? I currently have 275/55R20 on the truck. It's not a big deal if I can't, but just wondering if that would be an option. I'm eventually looking to get a more aggressive, all-terrain tire.
I really appreciate any advice you can all provide!

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Front Rake #1.jpg
    Front Rake #1.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
  • Front Rake #2.jpg
    Front Rake #2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I can talk a little about leveling kits from a general sense but not from a specific Ford perspective other than to say they are generally cheaper and easier to level than some of the others, specifically GMC. I would suggest the 1.5 or 2" kit to still allow it to be a little rear high so you don't look like you sag when towing. As far as brand, no input there as I'm not familiar with Ford specific lifts but I would tend to lean to the idea that most puck lifts for Ford are the same.

There are essentially two options for most trucks to bring the front up. Puck lifts or adjustable shocks. The puck preloads the coil a bit and some people prefer not to do that, I've never noticed a difference in ride quality using a puck. Adjustable shocks also do something similar but the idea is that the shock is built to handle/accommodate the preload.

I am not sure if it is a best practice to replace UCA's with puck lifts in Ford as it is with GMC, specifically the AT4.

As far as running larger tires, yes, most of the time a leveling kit does allow a slightly larger tire to be fit under the truck but again this is vehicle specific as often the limiting factor isn't height but width or room for full lock turns. It would be best to try some Ford specific forums for better information.

Back