Jumping the Ranger Raptor

Curious to hear your thoughts on the Ranger (tho I'm not much interested in the Raptor) great time to be a mid-size truck buyer. 3 or 4 solid options out there.

Did you get a better lap time than Andre?
No lap times. Interestingly, TFL wasn't on the first wave. I was shocked and Jill and I were talking about them not being there on the first wave. Must have had a scheduling issue.

For viewers, you'll be able to tell what wave journalists were on. I had cloudy skies and a bit of rain. Andre's wave had snow.

No lap times. Interestingly, TFL wasn't on the first wave. I was shocked and Jill and I were talking about them not being there on the first wave. Must have had a scheduling issue.

For viewers, you'll be able to tell what wave journalists were on. I had cloudy skies and a bit of rain. Andre's wave had snow.
I saw a YT short from Andre and it was snowing pretty good. Where in Utah was it?

"TFL NOT being in the first wave!!!

Can't wait for your review. The Ranger Lariat was at our auto show. Seats were much more comfortable than the Bronco. No Ranger Raptor
was at the show. Would like to drive one of those with the coil spring rear suspension, but they will be hard to find for a couple years.

Can't wait for your review. The Ranger Lariat was at our auto show. Seats were much more comfortable than the Bronco. No Ranger Raptor
was at the show. Would like to drive one of those with the coil spring rear suspension, but they will be hard to find for a couple years.
Two embargo’s for this event. Tuesday is regular Ranger. Thursday is Ranger Raptor.

Everyone is allowed to do "walkaround" videos of the Ranger, but not driving impressions. Pretty interesting on "embargos."
Yup driving impressions only. I think the idea is to build up interest until the driving videos come out.

Embargo’s are frustrating at times. For example, it isn’t always clear what is under and what isn’t under embargo. There’s always at least one conversation with PR during the trip for clarification.

Some brands were trying to put social media under embargo. Jill and I gave them some strong feedback. The fact is once we leave an event, we are off to the next thing. Social media can’t always wait and we don’t have a lot of interest in going back, finding photos, posting them AFTER the review comes out. Just doesn’t make sense.

The other frustrating thing is timing at times. I’ve literally been at an event for a vehicle that people are buying and driving around. I can’t say anything, but those new owners can post all the videos they want. That really sucks.

Finally, the most difficult thing about them is everybody releases their videos and articles all at once. This is tough on you guys trying to read or watch anything. I’d much prefer to ration out the videos, but if I don’t have at least one when embargo breaks, it feels like I’m behind.

Just tough trying to figure out this game.

Any major brand that just said screw-it and doesn't have these big press releases at all? Or very limited versions of them?

Any major brand that just said screw-it and doesn't have these big press releases at all? Or very limited versions of them?
Tesla is about it. They don’t like us. No press cars, no launch events, no access. The reviews you do see are when journalists borrow one, rent one or buy one.

Back