Is there a market for refurbished used/classic pickups?

Saddle Tramp

Around 2003 there was a dealer next to a pool hall that sold only restored classic VW Beetles. The cars were in amazing shape and had a sticker price of $24,000. The dealership only lasted three years but I wonder of there is a market for restored/refurbished pickup trucks. I was thinking the old GM C/K series as there are parts galore for them. I have no plans to get into the business, but with all the clamoring for a truck the way they used to be, it is interesting to think about.

They are still hot and popular. Anything old in decent shape is. Dealerships selling them have gotten fewer and far between because of the internet and big auction houses. Used to be tons of those dealers in the San Diego area. Last time I went by, many were gone.

I know of one dealer near me. He buys anything, old, new, and usually in great shape. His prices are outrageous, but he sells. I just love looking at his inventory. Right now, he has 3 Jeep Grand Waggoneers from the 90's. A 2003 Ram with 5.9L diesel up to 2021 Ford Expedition then down to 1970 Pontiac Le Mans.

Back