Is it "underpowered" though?

Beninbeta

Running for Tacos posted this video. I thought it was pretty interesting. The remarked that this was on par with the Tundra V8.
@Fightnfire....... GO! LOL
But honestly at elevation that's pretty solid power to the wheels and plenty for me. Has there been anything like that for the GM twins? Curious what how their numbers translate to the wheels as well as a comparison. They are definitely faster 0-60 for sure. Same percentages? Also, I wonder was a near new 3rd Gen would do as this one was a bit older, 2018.

I haven't looked into Dyno numbers for the GM twins, I do know the 2nd gen Tacoma eats up the 3rd gen in any sort of performance test, 0-60, 1/4 mile etc. The 3rd gen is a known dog not much value in comparing to that. I have to assume the GM 2.7 is a similar % just on how it walks away from the 24 Tacoma in elevation on a taller truck with bigger, heavier wheels and tires.

I've been hitting Toyota on power numbers (which are lower and I've said many in the end won't care about that or at least not enough to change their direction on a purchase) and price. Many are caring about the price.

I also don't think all of the YouTuber reviewers would be doing videos about power on the Tacoma if it wasn't a thing being discussed by many. The Texas Truck video on their Tacoma was perfect, two guys in the truck after their 0-60 run and one of them was disappointed clearly, the other happy. Everyone has their own expectations.

The real head scratcher becomes that performance for that price.

Running for Tacos posted this video. I thought it was pretty interesting. The remarked that this was on par with the Tundra V8.
@Fightnfire....... GO! LOL
But honestly at elevation that's pretty solid power to the wheels and plenty for me. Has there been anything like that for the GM twins? Curious what how their numbers translate to the wheels as well as a comparison. They are definitely faster 0-60 for sure. Same percentages? Also, I wonder was a near new 3rd Gen would do as this one was a bit older, 2018.

No, have not seen anything like that for a 31XX-2...Then again:

1. Is there any CO/CA's around? 2023s are hidden as rare relics and 2024s only live in Missouri, parked

2. Owners are afraid anything that may jolt the truck...May brick the truck

3. Finally, as Dude Dad illustrated, Toyota bros are always talking about the dyno, the Chevy/GMC owner may say, "Dino? Yeah there are little ones by my 4 year old's booster seat in the back."

Back