Interpreting sales incentives

C46

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know what GM means by “trade assistance” when it comes to incentive offer language? They’re offering $2,250 in ”trade assistance” until 9/3…is that an additional $2,250 on top of whatever they say my trade in value is?1724519790520.png

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know what GM means by “trade assistance” when it comes to incentive offer language? They’re offering $2,250 in ”trade assistance” until 9/3…is that an additional $2,250 on top of whatever they say my trade in value is?View attachment 604
It’s another line they can add to the forms to confuse people trying to make a deal. I closed the deal on a trade-in form a company truck last year that involved trading in a truck. The paperwork was more complicated than some of the houses I’ve purchased. Also, the line item fees extras, etc BS was ridiculous. It’s almost impossible to decipher without bringing a laptop and plugging in numbers for half a hour.

On my last personal vehicle purchase from a dealer I negotiated a price, went with a check already filled out, and didn’t do a trade-in. They still tried to tack on other fees.

By reading the details, it's additional money thrown on to the value of your trade-in. Wonder if it reduces the sales tax if it is added to your trade-in. I would negotiate your trade-in completely before even bringing it up. After they agree on a price for your trade-in, you can then ask for the incentive on top of that. Guarantee they'll try to combine the two in the deal or say it is "assumed".

Back