Interesting 🤔 Truck News This Week. EV Toyota Trucks?

On the Toyota news, I can see a PHEV Taco or smaller pickup. Not sure about a full EV though.
Agreed. But I could see a full EV Stout. It'll never be big enough to tow with so a great run-around truck for most. Besides, they already intro'd a concept of that. I can't see an EV Tacoma though. Doesn't fit the "lifestyle" marketing. Even a PHEV would be a hard sell. A PHEV adds so much complication, the cost would be outrageous.

This was all interesting @testerdahl, but my question is....Are you shop for an exhaust for your new Ram?

Interesting ads on your site!

On the Toyota news, I can see a PHEV Taco or smaller pickup. Not sure about a full EV though.
Not going to do many mods like I did with the Silverado. And I won’t do exhaust. There’s just not enough engine displacement to make it sound good.

Agreed. But I could see a full EV Stout. It'll never be big enough to tow with so a great run-around truck for most. Besides, they already intro'd a concept of that. I can't see an EV Tacoma though. Doesn't fit the "lifestyle" marketing. Even a PHEV would be a hard sell. A PHEV adds so much complication, the cost would be outrageous.
I think Jeep’s learning that with the 4xe models sitting on dealer lots and sales dropping. PHEV sounds good in theory, but the higher price and “more to it” aspect of ownership isn’t appealing to their large customer base. I think the Tacoma could do it, if it wasn’t an all in approach, but rather offered it with realistic expectations it wouldn’t be the top seller.

Back