ICON broken Tacoma update

Just released this video. Toyota won't comment, points me to a supplier issue, but Bilstein did respond. Interesting stuff. I know this was on another thread, but I wanted to create a new one.

Good job Tim. Hell of a piece of marketing Icon did there. Still gonna be plenty who say this is just one more disastrous engineering failure of the Taco.

Solid job digging in and doing real journalism. I appreciate that. On another note, I was at Overland Expo this past weekend and talked with Bilstein. Most of the product line now has these internal bump stops. So it's common for them.

On another note, TFL reported that the Old Man Emu shocks on the Trailhunter are being built by Bilstein as well. That is interesting and I wonder if those also have an internal bump stop?

Solid job digging in and doing real journalism. I appreciate that. On another note, I was at Overland Expo this past weekend and talked with Bilstein. Most of the product line now has these internal bump stops. So it's common for them.

On another note, TFL reported that the Old Man Emu shocks on the Trailhunter are being built by Bilstein as well. That is interesting and I wonder if those also have an internal bump stop?
Most likely have an internal bump stop. I get that same Trailhunter in a few weeks.

Recently bought a 24 Tacoma and nothing has broken on mine. I’m totally happy with it. I looked at the Ranger/Canyon/Gladiator and I thought the Tacoma was better all around for 43k.
That statement seems to be more common as time passes on. I just talked to an old friend who but a Toyota Taco for the first time ever. He'd always had a GM full-size, and being 70-something, he's had a few. Said this SR5 he has now is the best damn truck he's ever bought. Amazed by how well it runs.

What really impressed me was driving over some mountain passes and not having the get out of the fast lane because I’m being tailed by full size trucks, like I would have in every prior generation small/midsize pickup.

Back