How Many Mid-Size Cancellations?

When I see what is happening right now with the Colorado / Canyon stop sale and the latest issues with the Tacoma, I start finding the Nissan Frontier more and more attractive. Let's wait until this coming week to see by how much Jeep is lowering its prices. That could also put the Gladiator in a more attractive price range. TBD.

My Tacoma isn't cancelled, but it's on QC hold. I have read several posts on Tacoma4g of people with sway bar disconnect deposits having those disappear and reappear without SDM and I don't think any of the gas model will be getting that any time soon. No one seems to know why. Also mine disappeared from any of the tracking sheets and the website and that also seems to be common.

My Tacoma isn't cancelled, but it's on QC hold. I have read several posts on Tacoma4g of people with sway bar disconnect deposits having those disappear and reappear without SDM and I don't think any of the gas model will be getting that any time soon. No one seems to know why. Also mine disappeared from any of the tracking sheets and the website and that also seems to be common.
Hopefully you get your truck soon. Do you still drive a truck in the meantime?

When I see what is happening right now with the Colorado / Canyon stop sale and the latest issues with the Tacoma, I start finding the Nissan Frontier more and more attractive.

When I see what is happening right now with the Colorado / Canyon stop sale and the latest issues with the Tacoma, I start finding the Nissan Frontier more and more attractive. Let's wait until this coming week to see by how much Jeep is lowering its prices. That could also put the Gladiator in a more attractive price range. TBD.
I don’t think there will be too crazy of incentives on the 24’ Gladiators atleast until summer. I’m sure there are some people who are holding out for the “refreshed” version.

I was dead set on getting a 24’ Tacoma. Then I went back and forth between a Taco and Canyon. Between having kids and hoping for ann extra 2-3” in the rear seats. Hard to believe the Gladiator has the most of any midsize truck. Unfortunately Jeep lost me at there ridiculous prices and lack of powertrain options. With issues across the board as far as stop sales and other quality issues. I’ve decided to keep my 22’ Ram. I was just curious if anyone else was in the same boat.

I was dead set on getting a 24’ Tacoma. Then I went back and forth between a Taco and Canyon. Between having kids and hoping for ann extra 2-3” in the rear seats. Hard to believe the Gladiator has the most of any midsize truck. Unfortunately Jeep lost me at there ridiculous prices and lack of powertrain options. With issues across the board as far as stop sales and other quality issues. I’ve decided to keep my 22’ Ram. I was just curious if anyone else was in the same boat.
22 RAM is a great truck, I am sure. Especially for a family. I understand your leaning toward keeping it.

What is your general impression of Hyundai as a brand?
We have owned 3 Hyundai's 2011 Elantra, that was not the best vehicle. It was not terrible either. Our 2019 Santa Fe and 23 Tucson were and are great. Comfortable, lots of storage, solid technology, and we didn't have any issues with either of them.

Unless you have to have a truck today the stop sell on both of Tacoma and the GM twins wouldn't bother me at all other than I don't have much patience.

A stop sale doesn't bother me at all. I'd rather they did that than just throw them out there. If the GM one about the auto-braking system and accidents/injuries have occurred, I'm glad they stopped selling them until that's figured out. Haven't heard what the Tacoma issue is. Knowing Toyota, it could be anything from serious to a misplaced decal in the engine compartment.

As for the Gladiator, I took a hard look at it as well, but I just don't see the value in it. A Willy's can hit $65K really quick. Is it that much better than a Canyon AT4? And I love my Jeeps but not as daily.

A stop sale doesn't bother me at all. I'd rather they did that than just throw them out there. If the GM one about the auto-braking system and accidents/injuries have occurred, I'm glad they stopped selling them until that's figured out. Haven't heard what the Tacoma issue is. Knowing Toyota, it could be anything from serious to a misplaced decal in the engine compartment.

As for the Gladiator, I took a hard look at it as well, but I just don't see the value in it. A Willy's can hit $65K really quick. Is it that much better than a Canyon AT4? And I love my Jeeps but not as daily.
You hit the nail on the head with why I think Gladiator sales are not great. I’ve driven them and even have family that have tried to talk me into one. I just don’t see the justification paying full size truck prices for a Jeep. I live in the Midwest not Moab so it’s off road “likeness” is confined to Snow and mild off roading mainly through Corn fields and dodging Potholes.

Back