Hertz CEO Resigns After Tesla Fiasco

EV's seem to be more of a house of cards, Hertz CEO Stephen Sherr is stepping down at the end of the month, he gambled and lost, I can see Ford CEO Jim Farley getting the boot for the Lightning and Mach-E debacle, depending how deep GM, Stellantis and VW are in this mess, I'd say their CEO's are walking a tight rope, when you run out of somebody else's money and then start running out of your own, your in trouble, not to mention its only a matter of time till the share holders say they've had enough of this shit.

EV's seem to be more of a house of cards, Hertz CEO Stephen Sherr is stepping down at the end of the month, he gambled and lost, I can see Ford CEO Jim Farley getting the boot for the Lightning and Mach-E debacle, depending how deep GM, Stellantis and VW are in this mess, I'd say their CEO's are walking a tight rope, when you run out of somebody else's money and then start running out of your own, your in trouble, not to mention its only a matter of time till the share holders say they've had enough of this shit.

Couldn't have happened to a better company. Hopefully bankruptcy soon follows.

How about Mary Barra and the Silverado and Hummer EV boondoggle?

I was wondering if someone would post this topic. I think the Tesla purchase was the final straw frankly. If you read some articles, you'll see Hertz was in deep financial trouble before the purchase and rival rental companies actually posted record sales.

I do think former Hertz CEO Scheer was an idiot though. Many of my friends were telling me how cool this was and how it proved EVs were the future. I thought they and Scheer were lacking common sense. I mean who the hell wants to deal with finding a charger and sitting around while on a trip?? Oh and add in the fact Hertz didn't install fast chargers at many of their locations. Just dumb.

I also see former Ford CEO Mark Fields is on the board of Hertz and served as an interim CEO. I sat through enough of his absurd press briefings to ever want to hear from that guy again. Why he gets quoted in articles at times is beyond me.

These corporate boards are filled with too many Ivy league people for my tastes. Completely out of touch with reality.

I was wondering if someone would post this topic. I think the Tesla purchase was the final straw frankly. If you read some articles, you'll see Hertz was in deep financial trouble before the purchase and rival rental companies actually posted record sales.

I do think former Hertz CEO Scheer was an idiot though. Many of my friends were telling me how cool this was and how it proved EVs were the future. I thought they and Scheer were lacking common sense. I mean who the hell wants to deal with finding a charger and sitting around while on a trip?? Oh and add in the fact Hertz didn't install fast chargers at many of their locations. Just dumb.

I also see former Ford CEO Mark Fields is on the board of Hertz and served as an interim CEO. I sat through enough of his absurd press briefings to ever want to hear from that guy again. Why he gets quoted in articles at times is beyond me.

These corporate boards are filled with too many Ivy league people for my tastes. Completely out of touch with reality.
The EV mandate is falling apart and fast, their not good enough and people don't want them, and people don't even want to rent them, governments came up with a ridiculous mandate and the OEM's were forced to jump in and play the game, the incentive money was plentiful, all OEM's wanted the cash, I get it, and now they incentives are disappearing and so is the OEM's own cash, Ford was and is a big loser, GM's CEO jumped in and said they will be 100%, and their losing money, Toyota and Stellantis sat back and watched, needless to say Stellantis is in trouble for other things, another big loser is VW, nobody wants to buy their EV's, yet their loon CEO Oliver Blume says their going to double down on EV's, you have to say WTF, VW has lost a ton of money lately, yet they continue ridiculous business practices. My question is how did automotive acquire these out of touch loon CEO's??

The EV mandate is falling apart and fast, their not good enough and people don't want them, and people don't even want to rent them, governments came up with a ridiculous mandate and the OEM's were forced to jump in and play the game, the incentive money was plentiful, all OEM's wanted the cash, I get it, and now they incentives are disappearing and so is the OEM's own cash, Ford was and is a big loser, GM's CEO jumped in and said they will be 100%, and their losing money, Toyota and Stellantis sat back and watched, needless to say Stellantis is in trouble for other things, another big loser is VW, nobody wants to buy their EV's, yet their loon CEO Oliver Blume says their going to double down on EV's, you have to say WTF, VW has lost a ton of money lately, yet they continue ridiculous business practices. My question is how did automotive acquire these out of touch loon CEO's??

I try to avoid anything with a tone of political, so this was the least D/R I could find (the last paragraph is the most partisan), but as early as tomorrow, new mandates will be coming out. I don't believe they are crumbling in the policy sense (the market appears to be is a different story), but perhaps the mandates are being slowed in an elect...Never mind. So prepare accordingly; my thoughts on BEVs (a key distinction) have been posted earlier and I am lucky good people like Beninbeta don't mistake passion for dislike.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/othe...rules-to-boost-ev-sales-this-week/ar-BB1k6mRC

I try to avoid anything with a tone of political, so this was the least D/R I could find (the last paragraph is the most partisan), but as early as tomorrow, new mandates will be coming out. I don't believe they are crumbling in the policy sense (the market appears to be is a different story), but perhaps the mandates are being slowed in an elect...Never mind. So prepare accordingly; my thoughts on BEVs (a key distinction) have been posted earlier and I am lucky good people like Beninbeta don't mistake passion for dislike.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/othe...rules-to-boost-ev-sales-this-week/ar-BB1k6mRC
Well for all those folks who seem to hate the rules and regulations mandated by the government please do yourself a giant favor and get a one-way ticket to Haiti. This is a country that currently doesn’t have a government so my guess is you could do whatever you wanted to (IMO). I’d be curious to see how that works out for you. Please keep us posted, that is if the power grid is functioning.

Well for all those folks who seem to hate the rules and regulations mandated by the government please do yourself a giant favor and get a one-way ticket to Haiti. This is a country that currently doesn’t have a government so my guess is you could do whatever you wanted to (IMO). I’d be curious to see how that works out for you. Please keep us posted, that is if the power grid is functioning.
stripes-francis-francis-3887541003.gif

Not sure who this was directed at but reporting an impending policy change (which did happen today) is not "Hating on rules and regulations mandated by the government." Sure, implementing instructions on preventing child labor, fire safety, codes, civil engineering standards, Lead paint prohibition, etc. have been very beneficial, but to use the US as an example, the forced internment of mainland Japanese Americans in WW2, the mandatory frontal lobotomies of mental patients and use of local, bought off draft boards stand as examples of government edicts gone terribly wrong. Haiti? Sadly, a troubled state, but trust me, I have been to regions of the world where you wouldn't want to go with a round-trip ticket... So people can debate on the merits of policy.

Back