Have the sales of the Titan increased?

Saddle Tramp

With the recall/issues of the Toyota Tundra have buyers taken another look at last Titans on the Nissan lots or have they shifted their looks back to the big three? 🤔

Funny someone should ask that…it’d be feasible for me to be a serious shopper by the end of this Summer and since all this news about the Tundra came out, I’ve been perusing ads and video reviews of the 2nd gen Tundra, but also Titans. I couldnt help but notice JD Power, Consumer Reports and Car Compliants rate Titan well. “The Topher” did a comparo video between 2nd gen Tundra and the Titan…he and his buddy said, in the end, they’d choose the Tundra, but their positives about the Titan sounded pretty intriguing. Savageeese seemed to like the Titan, too. Same with All Terrain Nation. Then again, I’ve also seen concerning comments about Titans #7 cylinder and the JATCO transmission. Bit, I’m no truck expert, so I also wonder how much of that is internet BS.

Funny someone should ask that…it’d be feasible for me to be a serious shopper by the end of this Summer and since all this news about the Tundra came out, I’ve been perusing ads and video reviews of the 2nd gen Tundra, but also Titans. I couldnt help but notice JD Power, Consumer Reports and Car Compliants rate Titan well. “The Topher” did a comparo video between 2nd gen Tundra and the Titan…he and his buddy said, in the end, they’d choose the Tundra, but their positives about the Titan sounded pretty intriguing. Savageeese seemed to like the Titan, too. Same with All Terrain Nation. Then again, I’ve also seen concerning comments about Titans #7 cylinder and the JATCO transmission. Bit, I’m no truck expert, so I also wonder how much of that is internet BS.
Ahem…

Truck Comparison! 2022 Nissan Titan XD vs. 2022 Toyota Tundra

There's some issues with the Titan but the #7 cylinder was supposed to be fix in 2021. I would not hesitate to buy a brand new titan if they were still available in Canada. The discounts on them were unreal and it's a solid truck although dated. Tim's video above is really good.

With the recall/issues of the Toyota Tundra have buyers taken another look at last Titans on the Nissan lots or have they shifted their looks back to the big three? 🤔
I really don't think this recall will change any minds. Considering the Titan is basically just as reliable, less expensive, and has been for years but still never sold as well. This little burp will not change anything. I still remember all the grief Tundra took with their 5.7 and it still survived. As the famous line says, "....and this too, shall pass."

I really don't think this recall will change any minds. Considering the Titan is basically just as reliable, less expensive, and has been for years but still never sold as well. This little burp will not change anything. I still remember all the grief Tundra took with their 5.7 and it still survived. As the famous line says, "....and this too, shall pass."
Like a kidney stone.

Ahem…

Truck Comparison! 2022 Nissan Titan XD vs. 2022 Toyota Tundra
oh, I saw and appreciated that video (and the one you did with your neighbor who bought a Titan to replace his F-150, too). You’re my first go-to for info as I think about my someday truck, Tim! But, I haven’t gone back and forth about a new Tundra vs a new Titan. Instead, as expensive as new trucks are, I’ve been thinking about which 3-4 year old truck I could get for less money. But, as I do so, once in a while I hear about Titans being discounted enough that a new one of those might not be too much more than a 3 year old 2nd gen Tundra, and that seemed to go towards Saddle Tramps question.

Back