Golf

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
Um, hello? You know we have to have a golf section. :)

First round of the year yesterday and my friend and I walked 12.5 holes (snow closed some holes). If you are following the fitness section, I lost a pound yesterday too! No golf balls were lost. :)

Winter golf which means temporary tee boxes (think a patch of rough mowed down) although the greens are open and not covered like other course do around me. It was mid 50s with little wind. We played 18 today (long lunch break, we can play 18 in less than 2 hours with nobody in front of us) and wore shorts and a t-shirt at the end. In January. In Nebraska. Yeah.

Nice to shrug off some winter body weight and good for a mental health break from the snow and cold.

I usually shot in the 70s and so does my partner which helps make the game faster and a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

IMG_7361.JPG

Um, hello? You know we have to have a golf section. :)

First round of the year yesterday and my friend and I walked 12.5 holes (snow closed some holes). If you are following the fitness section, I lost a pound yesterday too! No golf balls were lost. :)

Winter golf which means temporary tee boxes (think a patch of rough mowed down) although the greens are open and not covered like other course do around me. It was mid 50s with little wind. We played 18 today (long lunch break, we can play 18 in less than 2 hours with nobody in front of us) and wore shorts and a t-shirt at the end. In January. In Nebraska. Yeah.

Nice to shrug off some winter body weight and good for a mental health break from the snow and cold.

I usually shot in the 70s and so does my partner which helps make the game faster and a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

View attachment 137
70's? Son of a ... I'm lucky to break a hundred. I only get to play a few times a year usually on work retreats and also usually while drinking, I swear I golf better with a light buzz :D . I found golf to be one of the sports I have to play ALOT to get decent and I just don't have that time right now with 4 kids and 3 actively involved in sports. High school football x2, High school baseball, High school wrestling and a junior high spring/fall soccer player. All of our free time goes to camping.

Good on you though, it's great ot have a hobby that combines outdoors and activity.

70's? Son of a ... I'm lucky to break a hundred. I only get to play a few times a year usually on work retreats and also usually while drinking, I swear I golf better with a light buzz :D . I found golf to be one of the sports I have to play ALOT to get decent and I just don't have that time right now with 4 kids and 3 actively involved in sports. High school football x2, High school baseball, High school wrestling and a junior high spring/fall soccer player. All of our free time goes to camping.

Good on you though, it's great ot have a hobby that combines outdoors and activity.
It’s really the only time I can away from my business.

Back