Fundamentals

GMT 900

After all of Tim's coverage of the Ram, his toe to toe with commenters on all platforms, including a well placed "Shit" in a response, it was nice to see the TFL firsties try to "lead from behind."

This is not to shi..er, crap on TFL again, but can Andre and the editors get the fundamentals right?

Time stamps and comments:

0:03: "Time to take the fully redesigned 2025 RAM 1500" WHHAAT? "fully redesigned ?!?" Andre, the hood stamping is the same, the door stampings, roof stampings. 90+% of the frame...It is not "fully redesigned" and you lose credibility. They try to save it starting at 0:22 saying the big news is the "powertrain" and the always ambiguous "Technology" but to my viewer eyes, it's a fail from the start.

3:09 - 3:20: Andre starts with the often repeated mantra of the straight six having no vibration but then goes totally off the rails stating it is "typical of a four cylinder also" WHHAAT? Did the part of Andre's brain that stored "balance shafted four cylinder" get deleted in an Austin Texas bar the previous night?

After two serious faux pas, I have stopped watching the video...Curse you, You Tube algorithm for sending it my way.

TFL Truck, First (most of the time) and Entertainment Always...Facts? We will get back to you and tell you entertainment always.

Last edited:

After all of Tim's coverage of the Ram, his toe to toe with commenters on all platforms, including a well placed "Shit" in a response, it was nice to see the TFL firsties try to "lead from behind."

This is not to shi..er, crap on TFL again, but can Andre and the editors get the fundamentals right?

Time stamps and comments:

0:03: "Time to take the fully redesigned 2025 RAM 1500" WHHAAT? "fully redesigned ?!?" Andre, the hood stamping is the same, the door stampings, roof stampings. 90+% of the frame...It is not "fully redesigned" and you lose credibility. They try to save it starting at 0:22 saying the big news is the "powertrain" and the always ambiguous "Technology" but to my viewer eyes, it's a fail from the start.

3:09 - 3:20: Andre starts with the often repeated mantra of the straight six having no vibration but then goes totally off the rails stating it is "typical of a four cylinder also" WHHAAT? Did the part of Andre's brain that stored "balance shafted four cylinder" get deleted in an Austin Texas bar the previous night?

After two serious faux pas, I have stopped watching the video...Curse you, You Tube algorithm for sending it my way.

TFL Truck, First (most of the time) and Entertainment Always...Facts? We will get back to you and tell you entertainment always.
Apparently histrionic performances provide the click bait used to draw in more viewers. A prime example of that would be Scotty Kilmer. I don’t waste my time with TFL and their antics. I watch this channel for information and facts and not some reality YT nonsense that’s too prevalent in today’s conspiracy theory laden bullsh!t. IMO.

em_balance.png

You think after driving the Tacoma from Texas, Andre would have at least thought about the balance shaft assembly in the truck? Then again, he was with Roman the whole time, AKA waterboarding is more pleasurable.

Yeah, it's always gonna be close call, but they have been stretching it quite a bit to try to stay higher in the ratings. I mean, like Tim says, it's business and you have to do or say things to create business. It just seems as they get big, they tend to make bigger sacrifices in that responsible journalism side. I understand, but I don't like it. Hell, every big business does it. Remember when Walmart ads used to have all those "Made in USA" labels next to the product listings? You'd be hard pressed to find something made in the USA today in a Walmart...lol.

Yeah, you are pretty much screwed with PTT & ST. Do like the military, produce a good sounding acronym, then put words to it. Who cares if they make sense because the acronym will be used from that point forward. Anybody remember what laser stands for without looking it up?

Back