Ford Patents System to have YOUR Car Report Speeders to the Police

A quick search about this confirmed my original thought: this is a system designed for actual Ford produced cop cars, not civilian cars. This way they don't need radar. The biggest reason they wouldn't put it in a civilian car? Cost. Would you pay extra for that option? Or worse, a monthly subscription? I like Steve but the thirst for content is getting bad.

A quick search about this confirmed my original thought: this is a system designed for actual Ford produced cop cars, not civilian cars. This way they don't need radar. The biggest reason they wouldn't put it in a civilian car? Cost. Would you pay extra for that option? Or worse, a monthly subscription? I like Steve but the thirst for content is getting bad.
I'm interested in what you found. Everything I find when I search is different than what you said. Did you find the actual patent somehow?

The patent won't do much as it will describe the technology but not how it will be implemented. But just search for the story now. More accurate reports are out clarifying the police car only angle after they did some source checks. Which many, including Steve, didn't bother doing. I lose respect for him right there. Like I said, too many journalists and YT'rs running with any leads they hear about to be first just in case they're right. What they don't get is that once it's out there, there's no putting it back. What disgusts me is how few of the "chicken littles" ever make a public apology retracting their statements. Same with TFL with Cummins recall. They were wrong but never said anything about it again. The one-time Tim did, he admitted it right away.

Here's a link with an update after Ford replied saying it was only cop cars.

The Drive

I just shared this with Jill about 2 minutes before you created this thread. I'm sure the internet is going to ignore the "for police cars" part and go crazy. In fact, I might just do a TikTok to prove it. LOL

The patent won't do much as it will describe the technology but not how it will be implemented. But just search for the story now. More accurate reports are out clarifying the police car only angle after they did some source checks. Which many, including Steve, didn't bother doing. I lose respect for him right there. Like I said, too many journalists and YT'rs running with any leads they hear about to be first just in case they're right. What they don't get is that once it's out there, there's no putting it back. What disgusts me is how few of the "chicken littles" ever make a public apology retracting their statements. Same with TFL with Cummins recall. They were wrong but never said anything about it again. The one-time Tim did, he admitted it right away.

Here's a link with an update after Ford replied saying it was only cop cars.

The Drive
You should send the updated article to steve. He's good about making correction videos if something has changed.

Any one seen Steve's video on Toyota wont help with engine failure because owner drove over 85 mph. Apparently the owner of the car had an engine fire and Toyota said they won't get involved because he drove over 85mph and the tires on his car might not be rated for that speed. Steve does mention that the article does not clarify if the car was in warranty or not but does raise the question what do the tires have to do with an engine fire.

Any one seen Steve's video on Toyota wont help with engine failure because owner drove over 85 mph. Apparently the owner of the car had an engine fire and Toyota said they won't get involved because he drove over 85mph and the tires on his car might not be rated for that speed. Steve does mention that the article does not clarify if the car was in warranty or not but does raise the question what do the tires have to do with an engine fire.
I saw that. It's a really odd response from Toyota. I said in another thread it looks like they had ChatGPT write it.

Figured he would. Like I said, I like his material ever since reading his stuff on Jalopnik. Good to see some integrity out there in the wild jungle of internet reporting. A rare sight.
I appreciate that Steve, from what I've seen, keeps to cars, judges, and lawyers as topics he covers.

I appreciate that Steve, from what I've seen, keeps to cars, judges, and lawyers as topics he covers.
I watched one of his videos not too long ago and he talked about his background. He's been a Disc Jockey, Tow truck driver, lawyer, law professor, author, public speaker, and now youtuber. Pretty interesting fellow for sure. I also like that he won't do all those paid advertisements in his videos. He's only ever done ads for 2 products that he actually likes and he runs those at the end of his video.

Wow. I would like to see what is in the patent. Ford should explain this one.
I would suggest removing the “YOUR” from the title. This is what the conspiracy theory world thrives on. Nothing personal just a suggestion.

I watched one of his videos not too long ago and he talked about his background. He's been a Disc Jockey, Tow truck driver, lawyer, law professor, author, public speaker, and now youtuber. Pretty interesting fellow for sure. I also like that he won't do all those paid advertisements in his videos. He's only ever done ads for 2 products that he actually likes and he runs those at the end of his video.
His book on the Chrysler Turbine car was interesting. I haven't read any of his other books.

Back