Ford delays start of EV production at Oakville plant until 2027

I hate to get political but when your dealing with EV's, for some strange reason politics will always pop up, Ford knows there are two elections coming up, the U.S and then Canada where both will set the pace.

Canada is so done with the batsh|t crazy liberals. Even the youth have this figured out now which is the sure sign they are good and cooked. All the cons have to do is just show up and not do something stupid and they'll get in.

I hate to get political but when your dealing with EV's, for some strange reason politics will always pop up, Ford knows there are two elections coming up, the U.S and then Canada where both will set the pace.

I don’t think it’s political just business. EV sales are flattening out and the market can’t handle all the new EVs coming out this year.

I’m sitting in a $55k EV SUV while I type this. This Nissan Ariya I’m in is fairly good, just too much $$ for a non-luxury 2-row SUV with less than 300 miles of range. Put the politics aside and see this rationally. It’s too much $$ for too little range and features. Simply market dynamics.

Back