Ford claims triple crown of truck sales

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
What do you guys think of this news?

By Robert Kaffl, director, U.S. sales

Today, I am thrilled to share a milestone that fills all of us at Ford with immense pride. In 2023, more than 700,000 customers chose a new Ford F-Series truck, making it the best-selling truck in the United States for the 47th consecutive year.

It’s a streak that spans four generations (and started when I was only four) and has lasted longer than the entire lifespan of many other popular consumer products, including compact discs and mp3 players, and the entire brick-and-mortar video rental industry. But this accolade is not a walk down memory lane; F-Series continues to grow and in 2023, remained the best-selling vehicle in the nation for the 42nd year in a row.47 Years Graphic 12282023.jpg

Ford loves to have bragging rights. It’s like tow rating for the f150. I’d bet other half tons can tow that much as well, but do those manufacturers recommend It? No. Is it a smart thing to do? No.
not to mention, gm trucks have outsold ford in some years so their claim of 47 years straight is a lie. But it seems to make ford happy and none of the other manufacturers make a fuss about it get on with your bad self, ford.

I mostly wonder how so many people can afford a full sized truck. Many of these vehicles are approaching $100k or more. Do these numbers include fleet vehicles? I'd be curious in the breakdown between B2B and B2C.

Advertising fluff.

#1 electric pickup, when there was only one other on the market. (Rivian)
#1 hybrid truck when there wasn’t a full year of production from Toyota.
As someone already said, if Chevy and GMC combined their numbers Ford isn’t in the lead.

Too much sizzle, not enough steak.

Advertising fluff.

#1 electric pickup, when there was only one other on the market. (Rivian)
#1 hybrid truck when there wasn’t a full year of production from Toyota.
As someone already said, if Chevy and GMC combined their numbers Ford isn’t in the lead.

Too much sizzle, not enough steak.
Agreed, big friggin' deal. Selling the most does not in any way equal the best of anything. Taco Bell sells a butt load (pun intended) of burritos, but they are far away from my first choice. Theoretically, they sell more quantity because their existing trucks out there fail so soon, they all need to be replaced quicker than other brands

FIRST ON RACE DAY! I'm a Ford guy all the way. They have been number one for a reason, they build the best full size half ton and super duty truck. End of story. They did not need a bailout in 2008 either, the other two members of the Big 3 did. GM does not even coat their frames anymore. Ram has never been good.

FIRST ON RACE DAY! I'm a Ford guy all the way. They have been number one for a reason, they build the best full size half ton and super duty truck. End of story. They did not need a bailout in 2008 either, the other two members of the Big 3 did. GM does not even coat their frames anymore. Ram has never been good.
I’m glad you mentioned the bailout because there are some misconceptions out there about that. Ford was in worse financial shape than gm or chrysler. They took out loans while credit was still available. They were so desperate for capital they even mortgaged the blue oval. By the time gm and chrysler needed capitol the enormous amount of capitol they needed was not available, thus, they filed for bankruptcy. It’s all online and easy enough to find out.

I’m glad you mentioned the bailout because there are some misconceptions out there about that. Ford was in worse financial shape than gm or chrysler. They took out loans while credit was still available. They were so desperate for capital they even mortgaged the blue oval. By the time gm and chrysler needed capitol the enormous amount of capitol they needed was not available, thus, they filed for bankruptcy. It’s all online and easy enough to find out.
Yes, Fore mortgaged the Blue Oval. GM and Chrysler went broke because of poor senior management who were not prepared. They had to beg for money from the Federal government to survive and became a slave to the lender eventually yielding way too much of an ownership stake to the UAW.

I woul not be surprised to see Stellantis go under for the third time in less than fifty years. Complete disgrace.

I mostly wonder how so many people can afford a full sized truck. Many of these vehicles are approaching $100k or more. Do these numbers include fleet vehicles? I'd be curious in the breakdown between B2B and B2C.
Fleet is about half of the numbers for Ford and GM. They both have massive fleet businesses.

Back