Ford? are they really in trouble??

carhaulereastcoast

I went out and just hit all the dealerships in my area in Lexington SC we have them all and I started at FORD. they still had around 75 ,2023 F150's lots of the basic models and wow up to almost 15K off in price. the big surprise I saw that day was a Lariat with the Ford Performance package that after the add on's they wanted 92,512K wow here Is the kicker the sticker in the front window was down to 69,785K now the truck looked good but what a wash for the dealership. so do you guys see your local dealerships doing this also? I found Toyota was about 5K off MSRP and the same with the Chev and GMC . not going to say anything about Ram cause I think everyone knows how much they are cutting prices. God Bless

I went out and just hit all the dealerships in my area in Lexington SC we have them all and I started at FORD. they still had around 75 ,2023 F150's lots of the basic models and wow up to almost 15K off in price. the big surprise I saw that day was a Lariat with the Ford Performance package that after the add on's they wanted 92,512K wow here Is the kicker the sticker in the front window was down to 69,785K now the truck looked good but what a wash for the dealership. so do you guys see your local dealerships doing this also? I found Toyota was about 5K off MSRP and the same with the Chev and GMC . not going to say anything about Ram cause I think everyone knows how much they are cutting prices. God Bless
Ford sales of the F-150 has dropped 10% the first quarter of 2024. RAM’s 1500 dropped 15%. So maybe we will continue to see discounts from MSRP. When I bought my 2023 GMC SIERRA I got $750 off of MSRP which was unusual in December 2022. Can’t wait to see what happens with the new 4-Runner price wise.

I think it's pretty normal when a new model comes out to see the previous gen stacked up a bit. However, it does seem like all of the manufacturers have outpriced the every day consumer a bit. So as with supply and demand we saw prices skyrocket during COVID it wouldn't surprise me to see a market adjustment which will have the higher priced vehicles sitting a little longer. Hopefully we can get back to discounts and bargaining power with the buyer.

My local Ford dealer has about 3 trucks and like 20 vans. You drive by and it is rows of vans.

I think geographically doesn't explain the full story. Some dealers just have more supply than others. It will all get sorted out.

Like Tim says, just depends on where you are. My Ford dealer is doing fine. Some deals but he doesn't have any 23s left so no huge price cuts. Ram and GMC have the highest volume on the lots and the best deals. Chevy is empty! Not many trucks at all.

A few years back this used to be normal.

I think it was good for Ford to split the EV business into it's own "money-losing-startup" entity, which probably protects the core business a bit.

Back