Flying to get press car

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
I thought you guys would appreciate a little behind the scenes. Tonight I'm flying to Denver to pickup a Silverado ZR2. I land at 7 pm and should be home by 11 or so.

Normally, they deliver press cars to me. I was talking to the press office manager yesterday and he was setting up a schedule starting in March. I offered to fly down to speed up that process. He didn't have anyone available to drive up today.

I don't often do this. I had the air miles and only had to pay $5.60 for the flight.

I also wanted to do this because our area is really muddy right now, full-size trucks seems to do the best on the channel and my boys have been complaining about riding around in old Swede - the 1962 Chevy C-10.

Also, I'm going to take cars along with trucks and SUVs. Historically, I've limited loans to just trucks and SUVs and sometimes that creates scheduling issues for them. The plan is review them for my friend Paul Strauss over at theAwesomer.com.

I've thought about expanding into a car channel. I'm not exactly sure IF or how to do that. Thoughts on a second channel about cars? Seems like a lot of competition in that space and I'm not sure how my view would fit.

ZR2.jpeg

It should be fairly easy to test out a bit. You can just create another channel and try it out. If it's not successful, you probably learn something from that too. I would think it's a low risk opportunity to at least try out.

But the name Pickup Truck+SUV+Car Talk might be kind long. LOL
That's kind of where I'm stuck. What to call it? I'd prefer not to have such a long name, but I also want fans to find it and know it is associated with my work.

I think it would be great, agree with Ben above it seems like a low risk move to get some insights. I'm not as likely to watch a car video but you may be able to pull some new people in. Plus if it lets you crank out review content more consistently.

Make sure you drive it back enough miles in case it hasn't been broken in ;)

Why does it have be body style specific? Auto Testerdahl

Back