First long distance run.

chaseydog

Drove from NC to NJ and back over the Memorial Day weekend to visit family. This was the first long distance highway run for me in my AT4 3.0L. About 670 miles each way, averaged 30 mpg. Filled the tank before I left NC, didn't need to refuel until i reached my destination in NJ, and still had about 80 miles of range in the tank. The only suprise was EOT occasionally spiking above 240, but latter learned thats not uncommon with highway speeds.

Drove from NC to NJ and back over the Memorial Day weekend to visit family. This was the first long distance highway run for me in my AT4 3.0L. About 670 miles each way, averaged 30 mpg. Filled the tank before I left NC, didn't need to refuel until i reached my destination in NJ, and still had about 80 miles of range in the tank. The only suprise was EOT occasionally spiking above 240, but latter learned thats not uncommon with highway speeds.
That’s really nice for the AT4. My ‘23 GMC SIERRA 1500 has averaged 28.0 mpg over its 13,875 miles (hand calculated). My oil temperature usually runs around 235 and the tranny temperature always seems to run at 199 on the highway.

Back