drove the TRD PRO 24, GMC AT4 and the Chev RST very surprised

carhaulereastcoast

so in my 1st post i stated i drove the new tundra and didnt like it. well i stopped by the local toyota dealership and they had a TRD PRO in the Terra color. i took it out for a test drive and i was very surprised. so i didnt like the Platinum drove from my 1st post and i think i know why it was just a 4x4 and didnt have the trd off road 4x4. the Pro i drove today was night and day now i know with the Fox shocks and the set up is so much better than just a 4x4 so i took that in mind also. so if i go to Toyota its going to be a Pro at 78K. i stopped by Chev dealership and wanted to drive the ZR2, but it was sold and couldnt take it for a ride, i drove the RST with the 5.3 and at 65K with 10K of add on's it didtn do anything for me. i did like the night shade add on but i dont want a 5.3, if im going to stay with the V8 it will be the 6.2. now we come to the AT4 with the diesel and let me tell you, wow i really loved this truck. it didnt have the lag when i punched the pedal. for the record all three drives where on the same roads. with the AT4 coming in at 72K im very happy with that. stopped by dodge but the only ram they had was a bighorn and i was looking for a rebel. anyway i think the tundra might be back on the list. what do you guys think?

Can you tell me more about the experience with the AT4 and diesel? I am intrigued…
i was really impressed with the get up and go. being it has just 305 hp but the 495 foot pounds made up for it in a big way. the response was spot on when i pressed the pedal. the ask Google was awesome. i know my wife wants her side to be 100 deg. and i want it like 65deg. the sales guy asked google to change his temp and it did it. the one thing between the chev and the gmc was the hood. i dont like the hood on the chev cause its got the large center hood and its hard to see over the hood. now im 6'5" and didnt have a hard time but with my wife being 5'6"i can see where it would be a hard thing for her to see over. all in all i loved how it drove. the response was great. hitting pot holes was nothing and just rode over with no problem. and you cant beat the MPG i know tim was getting over 30 mpg on the highway with his diesel. the seats where good and a lot of head room. i def put this truck back at the top of my list

I don't see anything wrong with your reasons. Makes sense. Like you, I'd drive them all, weigh the features that matter the most and go in that direction. One thing I always say though, be truly honest with yourself. Don't get something just because you might need it. And if it's the ride of the Pro sure. Or the pedal feel of the AT4, why not?

And if it gets any harder, Ben has a spreadsheet you can use....lol Which is funny because I used a spreadsheet like that when I was shopping for my last ATV.

I don't see anything wrong with your reasons. Makes sense. Like you, I'd drive them all, weigh the features that matter the most and go in that direction. One thing I always say though, be truly honest with yourself. Don't get something just because you might need it. And if it's the ride of the Pro sure. Or the pedal feel of the AT4, why not?

And if it gets any harder, Ben has a spreadsheet you can use....lol Which is funny because I used a spreadsheet like that when I was shopping for my last ATV.
its funny you said get what you might need later and not now. I want the AT4X so bad but I just cant live with my self paying all that exter money for a bumper,skid plates,front locker and a seat that will rub my back. although my local dealership has one with out the AEV and the price keeps dropping. so time will tell. what is this spreadsheet you are talking about?

I created this for myself to help compare everything and add notes as I test drove each one.
You can make a copy of it and I believe the free version of coda will handle this document without any issue at all.

If you want to try the paid version here is a referral code too: https://coda.grsm.io/vqm011gq5ckn

You copy the table and add it to a different spreadsheet program as well if you want.

i was really impressed with the get up and go. being it has just 305 hp but the 495 foot pounds made up for it in a big way. the response was spot on when i pressed the pedal. the ask Google was awesome. i know my wife wants her side to be 100 deg. and i want it like 65deg. the sales guy asked google to change his temp and it did it. the one thing between the chev and the gmc was the hood. i dont like the hood on the chev cause its got the large center hood and its hard to see over the hood. now im 6'5" and didnt have a hard time but with my wife being 5'6"i can see where it would be a hard thing for her to see over. all in all i loved how it drove. the response was great. hitting pot holes was nothing and just rode over with no problem. and you cant beat the MPG i know tim was getting over 30 mpg on the highway with his diesel. the seats where good and a lot of head room. i def put this truck back at the top of my list
I've had my AT4 3.0L Duramax for about a month now and have been very happy with it. I'd briefly considered the AT4x but ultimately decided the AT4 is the better fit for me. The hood can be an issue at times, probably not as bad as the Chevy, but not a lot of what's right in front of the truck visibility. Fortunately the cameras in the AT4 alleviate that problem.

so in my 1st post i stated i drove the new tundra and didnt like it. well i stopped by the local toyota dealership and they had a TRD PRO in the Terra color. i took it out for a test drive and i was very surprised. so i didnt like the Platinum drove from my 1st post and i think i know why it was just a 4x4 and didnt have the trd off road 4x4. the Pro i drove today was night and day now i know with the Fox shocks and the set up is so much better than just a 4x4 so i took that in mind also. so if i go to Toyota its going to be a Pro at 78K. i stopped by Chev dealership and wanted to drive the ZR2, but it was sold and couldnt take it for a ride, i drove the RST with the 5.3 and at 65K with 10K of add on's it didtn do anything for me. i did like the night shade add on but i dont want a 5.3, if im going to stay with the V8 it will be the 6.2. now we come to the AT4 with the diesel and let me tell you, wow i really loved this truck. it didnt have the lag when i punched the pedal. for the record all three drives where on the same roads. with the AT4 coming in at 72K im very happy with that. stopped by dodge but the only ram they had was a bighorn and i was looking for a rebel. anyway i think the tundra might be back on the list. what do you guys think?
I have had a 2023 GMC SIERRA SLT 1500 with the LZ0 for over a year. I did a 1 year review of this truck on this forum under the GMC SIERRA 1500 category and I think I called it 2023 GMC SIERRA LZ0 1 year review if you’re interested.

Funny how a different trim level can change your impression of a truck.
yes I was very surprised. I don't know if it moved back into 1st place but its back in the running. the problem with Tundra now is the ave lot days. I keep track of that and these trucks even with the price are moving fast with the ave days of around 35. unlike the GMC I have been looking at a AT4X the basic package with the 6.2 and its been sitting for 110 days. and now its under 80K. so not a lot of deals going on with the tundra now besides MSRP and that is a great improvement from the dealer mark up

You are looking at top trims of various trucks. That makes it difficult to choose understandably. Your final decision will hinge on small things. Think about ergonomics, MVH, mileage (gas prices do change over the ownership time), depreciation and best deal (trade in + interest rate if you have to finance). Good news is: trucks are really good these days; bad news is: a choice has to be made. Let us know please.

You are looking at top trims of various trucks. That makes it difficult to choose understandably. Your final decision will hinge on small things. Think about ergonomics, MVH, mileage (gas prices do change over the ownership time), depreciation and best deal (trade in + interest rate if you have to finance). Good news is: trucks are really good these days; bad news is: a choice has to be made. Let us know please.
I'm going to drive a Chev. LT Trail boss with the diesel this weekend. I did find a bad A$$ high country that was all blacked out but it had the 5.3.so that is a pass. I still have a hang up on the bow tie don't know why but time and drive will tell

I think it is the grille. When I saw them in person, I felt like I made a mistake going with the Limited and a year later into ownership, I truly do think that cast a poor light for me with the Tundra.
for me anyway I don't like the wheels and tires. its like Toyota put these small tires on these big trucks. IE the 3 inch lift with the little tires. it just looks bad. all of the new trucks I see that really look good are the trucks with 33 or 35's on the Plat is a good looking truck but man them wheels. I don't want to spend an exter 4K on wheels and tires on a 75K truck that should already be on the truck with the MPG these trucks are getting I would want looks more that anything, cause the mpg suck.

for me anyway I don't like the wheels and tires. its like Toyota put these small tires on these big trucks. IE the 3 inch lift with the little tires. it just looks bad. all of the new trucks I see that really look good are the trucks with 33 or 35's on the Plat is a good looking truck but man them wheels. I don't want to spend an exter 4K on wheels and tires on a 75K truck that should already be on the truck with the MPG these trucks are getting I would want looks more that anything, cause the mpg suck.
Classic tired Toyota move. Wheels and tires completely transform the look of the Tundra but it's an extra 3-4k on top of the price. Also the added tires/wheels kill MPG even more.

guys just a quick update. I'm picking up a 2024 Toyota Tundra 1794 Limited Edition number 716 of 1500 I got such a great deal I couldn't pass it up. I was surprised to even see one on a lot here in SC. I saw it on Saturday and thought I would just drive down on Sunday to take a picture. to my surprise the dealership was open cause it was the end of the month. drove it and fell in love with it. its the TRD PRO, Platinum, Capstone all rolled into one. anyway the truck hunt is over have a blessed day brothers and sisters

Back